problem with sanyo zio

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

Have issue sporadically. Raleigh, NC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

I have 5 people with the zio phone and all of them have the ringing issue, this is in hampton va.

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

I have had the same issue with the ringing noise on my Sanyo Zio since I received it in December 2010.  It happens multiple times a day.  Chicago, IL

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

My daughters phone has this issue.  We are in Omaha, NE.  She had the same issue down in Springfield, MO.

We have taken the phone to the Sprint store.  They did the hard reset (##RTN# one) and that did not help.  When we took it back, they said since we don't have the insurance, we need to contact Sanyo directly for support.

If you are looking for a beta tester for the fix, let me know.

Patrick

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: problem with sanyo zio

I live in Greensboro, NC and my wife and I both have Zios doing the same thing. I literally keep count of how many times I turn my phone off and on to make the ringing stop and we have recently started making daily bets on how many times it happens at my office. This is the worst phone I have ever had and unfortunately in my line of work I use it for EVERYTHING. Not only does the ringing happen 20+ times through out the day but when it happens my reception goes from 3G to 1x and the phone reception goes completely away. The ringing also keeps going when I'm in call so I can't hear what my customers are saying and have to get them to call me back after I restart my phone. Its been very annoying over the last 6 months or so and now to see how many other people have the same exact problem I'm just plain [....] that Sprint has allowed the issue to continue with all of its loyal Sprint customers. It seems that somewhere out of my $180+ bill every month they could take a few dollars to find a fix for this issue. Along with everyone else, we have been to the store to have the reset done at least twice a month and told the same thing, "there isn't a fix for this issue yet". I have had Sprint for 10 years now and as soon as my contract is up I will be going to another carrier. I understand the Zio is the only phone having this issue and if I renewed I would get another NON-ZIO phone without this issue, but honestly its too late for that. I will continue listening to this annoying ringing until November when I can finally find another carrier.

Message was edited by: mapesy who removed language

Highlighted
Wizard

problem with sanyo zio

Thanks for the information guys - unfortunately I do not have anything new to report to you all at this time. The issue is currently under investigation. Thanks for your patience as we work towards a resolution.

Highlighted
Wizard

problem with sanyo zio

Success! We've completed testing in Chicago and will be working on rolling the fix out to the entire market. After that we'll work to complete the fix in the other markets mentioned. Thanks again guys!

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

Any update on when the fix will be rolled out to the rest of us? 

It has been a month now and rebooting the phone several times in a day is starting to get old.

If you are looking for a beta tester I would be up for that as well.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizard

problem with sanyo zio

Unfortunately - I have yet to receive an all clear on this issue - engineers and technicians are working very hard to resolve this issue and I thank you all again for your patience.

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

Go figure!  I have three of "awesome" phones and i am to the point of eating the early termination fee just to rid myself of this ringing!  Switching to sprint has been nothing but a nightmare because of these phones.  Hope you guys have stopped selling them

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

Have had the same problem in Cleveland OH and also while traveling in Colorado...is this fixed yet? Anything new?

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

They are still having the problem. Sprint finally admitted to me it was a phone issue and after 2 hrs of getting pushed off to other people i finally got a tech support supervisor that got three new phones.

It only took 4 months to get them to correct the problem

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat