Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 year commitment upgrade

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

2 year commitment upgrade

The two sprint stores Ive been to would not allow my wife to upgrade to the iphone7 with a 2 year commitment. Went to apple store instead and got the 7 for $300. Is this because of the forever program? The upgrade policy page states "you can upgrade to another discounted device if you enter into a new 2-year Service Agreement." Whats meant by discounted? Does this apply for samsung phones as well? Why does Apple only offer this upgrade? The CSR's at sprint couldnt/wouldnt give me a straight answer to these questions. They were more focused on telling us how awsome the lease option is... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Re: 2 year commitment upgrade

No, this is because Sprint and the other carriers have moved away from subsidized phone plans, plans that allow you to pay a discounted fee for the phone on a 2yr plan. Now a days, you either have to do the following
Lease the phone (monthly installments)
Buy the phone on credit (monthly installments)
Buy the phone outright (full payment up from)
Bring your own phone

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: 2 year commitment upgrade

No, this is because Sprint and the other carriers have moved away from subsidized phone plans, plans that allow you to pay a discounted fee for the phone on a 2yr plan. Now a days, you either have to do the following
Lease the phone (monthly installments)
Buy the phone on credit (monthly installments)
Buy the phone outright (full payment up from)
Bring your own phone

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.