cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate an Unlocked Blackberry KeyOne

Go to solution
Journeyman

Activate an Unlocked Blackberry KeyOne

I have read the typical answer for someone trying to bring an un-branded CDMA "unlocked" phone for activation with Sprint.  That said, Sprint has announced they will release the Blackberry Keyone later this summer.  Can I buy an unlocked version now and activate it on my plan with Sprint, since they will be releasing the phone later this year?  I am traveling in late June and would very much like to have this phone for my trip.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Social Care

Re: Activate an Unlocked Blackberry KeyOne

Hi adjmcloon,

In regard to bringing an unlocked Blackberry KEYone to Sprint, we still don't have this device under the list of device eligible to be activated in the Sprint network. You can click here to check the list of devices that you can Bring to Sprint and here for coming updates about the Blackberry KeyOne.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

How often does this list get updated? 

Community Manager

That part of the site is managed by another team, @adjmcloon; agents wouldn't have access to the schedule for updating.  My best answer would be 'as needed.'  I don't see a couple of models I would have expected to see on this list, though, so I've sent a note off to that group.  Might be good to check back once in a while.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community Manager

I apologize for the long delay, @adjmcloon.  While the Blackberry KeyOne is coming to Sprint, we're not supporting the factory unlocked version at launch.  

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Any news on when the Blackberry Keyone will be available on Sprint? 

Journeyman

When can we expect Sprint to release it?

Journeyman

I have been all over the net trying to find first the carrier for Blackberry but then a freaking release date for KeyOne.  I'm a current AT and T customer who might actually become a Sprint customer if someone over there can answer the simple question of WHEN.  WHEN will you carry this phone???

Sprint Social Care

adjmcloon and Renee. I know the excitement you feel about this new BlackBerry. The BlackBerry KEYone is expected to launch for online direct ship order starting 7/14/17. For all other channels, it will launch on 7/28/17.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yoohoo!  About Time Sprint launched something Blackberry related.  I may even leave my trusted Q10 and go "Droid" for this new Blackberry branded phone.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.