cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating A new Phone will I be charged?

Journeyman

Activating A new Phone will I be charged?

I lost my old phone and was thinking about upgrading since I'm ellegable. The trouble is if I do that they are going to add a 10$ fee per phone to my monthly bill. So my question is if I buy a phone on ebay or something similar will they try to charge me more once I try to activate it?

15 REPLIES
Master

Re: Activating A new Phone will I be charged?

It don’t depends on whether you buy  phone from eBay or  an upgrade, all it depends on the phone model that you have; Certain devices requires  $10 premium data charge.Non- smartphones don’t require $10 plans.

Abe

Journeyman

Well I had a Android Phone before that was not 4G. If I bought another Android that wasn't 4G would I be charged?

Master

What was your previous device model? If you can tell me what device model you're buying, I would be happy to check if you've to pay $10 premium charge or not.

Abe

Journeyman

I had a Samsung Intercept. I'm not sure what phone I am getting now. I want something android with a dual core processor. I was thinking about the Motorola Photon but that has the charge. I was also thinking about a Galaxy II. Is it the 4G phones that have the extra charge? If you can tell me what constitues the additional charge I can then work around it. Does it make a difference if I buy it on my own without sprint?

Highlighted
Master

• These are phones that requires $10 premium charge
    • HTC EVO™ 4G 
    • HTC EVO Shift™ 4G 
    • HTC EVO 3D™  
    • HTC EVO Design™4G 
    • HTC EVO 4G LTE 
    • iPhone 5 (LTE) 
    • LG Mach 4G LTE 
    • LG Optimus G 4G LTE  
    • LG Viper (LTE) 
    • Motorola Photon™ 4G  
    • Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE  
    • Nexus S™ 4G from Google 
    • Samsung Conquer 4G 
    • Samsung Galaxy Nexus (LTE) 
    • Samsung Epic™ 4G a Galaxy S™ 
    • Samsung Galaxy Note II 4G LTE  
    • Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch  
    • Samsung Galaxy S™ III 
    • Samsung Galaxy Victory™ 4G LTE
  • Plus any Smartphone devices that requires $10premium charge

Abe

Journeyman

Plus any smartphone devices? Doesn't that mean any android phone? My intercept is a smart phone and I am not charged. If I buy another 3G android phone outside of your list will I be charged?

Master

The list I provided was a  general list. Let us know when you're planning to buy  the device and we'll let you know if that device requires $10 premium charge or not.

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

This phone? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Google-Nexus-S-SPH-D720-16GB-Black-Sprint-Smartphone-/121012413939?p...

What qualifies the phone for the charge? Is the the 4G, Duel core processor? How does sprint decide if the phone is to be charged or not? You seem to be able to tell if phones will be charged or not so why not pass along that info and make it easy on me?

Master

Phone that you mentioned above is stated as Nexus S™ 4G from Google and there will be $10.00 premium charge. For more info on device pricing and plans. Please contact Care 8882114727.

Thanks

Abe

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.