cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation fee

Patron

Activation fee

I purchased my phone at Best Buys on 12/24, and started new service, because I was told but they Best Buy salesman there wasn't a activation fee, it was being wavied. I was suppose to have the $60 my way plan. Some how I have a $80 plan and being charge a $35 activation fee. WHAT THE HECK? I called Sprint and the sais there's nothing with will do. The charges are what they are and pay them..that's real sad. So I am in my 14 day return time so I guess I will return this phone and go with a prepaid ..at least there isn't any hidden fees. Thanks Sprint for not standing behind your customer. You lost one here!

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Activation fee

$36 activation is printed right on the contract you signed. The salesman verbalizing it would be waived is Best Buy's guy not Sprint's. The plan you sign up for is printed in the brochure and printed on your contract.

Did you add an employer/association discount such as AAA or are you a credit union member? Those would refund your activation fees.

Highlighted
Patron

The Salesman at Best Buy is a acting as a agent of Sprint. So being a agent of Sprint selling your product and saying the activation fee was being waived, I feel it should be taken off my bill. I also said I had the $60 my way plan. Now I see I have a totally different plan. I feel Sprint is cheating people. When I asked about all these charges the salesman said to disregard what the paper said that my bill will come out showing the right thing. Another lie. If you want people to leave your product with a bad taste about Sprint, so be it for me. When I told friends that I got a Sprint phone they said I would be sorry, that Sprint will rip you off. I'm beginning to feel they are right. Your trying to rip me off.

Wizard

Again, Best Buy's employee.

I just don't see how the argument stands.

How is Sprint trying to rip you off?

Activation fees and rate plans are clearly stated in print. The Best Buy employee told you differently. Take it up with them -- they have appropriate channels with Sprint to escalate.

Master

wine_53,

Oh man! I am sorry that this has happened. It is true that no matter where you activate services, there is a fee. If a Best Buy rep has advised that they would waive the fee, I'd recommend going back to them for this. The plan itself is $80 a month, but when on the Sprint One Up program it provides a $15 monthly discount until the phone itself is paid for. I apologize that this was not explained better. I would hate to lose you as a customer. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. I am here for you.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.