Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 3 cellular set up enablement error

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple Watch series 3 cellular set up enablement error

So I got my Apple Watch series 3 from Apple store yesterday.  I was trying to use the app to set up the cellular service on my Watch.  After I click next on the screen showing sprint unlimited Apple Watch plan for 15 dollars a month, it gives me an error message saying enablement error.  We are unable to process your request at this time.  Please power cycle your device and try again.  I did restart both of my watch and my phone for so many times.  I tried all the solution I can and I even went to the nearby sprint store but they didn’t even know how to solve the problem.    I called sprint customer support for 3 hours in the morning.  I talked to at least 10 representatives and they kept telling me I have to do it through my phone.  If I can go through the process of setting up the cellular service without an error, why would I spend 3 hours in the morning to call sprint? I just feel like all of your representatives and tech support are useless. It’s so funny that some of them even try to send me to the Apple store.  It is a sprint system error not apple’s. Who can help me with this problem? I’m so angry with sprint’s service now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Good plan, @LARRYNJ461

I am actually going to close this thread and ask anybody encountering this error to check in on this new thread where I have gathered the self-service tips and tricks into one place.  If you've tried everything in the Get Help with Apple Watch Enablement Error thread and are still not able to get your Watch activated, please post in that thread and an agent will assist you.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in the same boat. I've wasted more than 10h trying to troubleshoot this. It's a shame, they keep passing the ball. Customer service transfer you to Telesales, Telesales to Tech Support, Tech Support to the Chat, the Chat to the Store, the Store to Customer Service, and Customer Service to Apple...

Sprint, can you please take care of this? It's not serious to do this kind of stuff to your customers, please FIX THIS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing here, have an open ticket and it was sent up the totem pole if they give me a solution I’ll let you know.  I have an old grandfathered in unlimited plan for the iPhone and wonder if it’s that or Apple replaced my phone too at one point for free, dunno what is causing it but my assumption is one of those two items..  waiting to see though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here.  It was the wasted weekend of Apple Watch activation on sprint.   Got watch online from apple on Friday.  Enablement error.  Contacted sprint.  Spoke to a 10 year old Asian girl who told me to contact apple.   Went to apple store.  They had no clue.  No sprint activation in store on first day.   Saturday went on chat with apple.  No help. Suggested I contact sprint.  I went to sprint store.  Salesman said he has been seeing the issue all day.  But no solution.  No communication from sprint hq.   Suggested waiting a few days to see if there is a resolution.   Believes issue with apple.    Later I call AppleCare phone support.   I get senior advisor who promises to work with engineers to solve problem.  Said he would call me back Sunday.    Sunday morning I drive 20 mile to apple flagship store in New York City at 7 am - they are open 24 hours and only store with watch still in stock.   I want to test if my watch is a lemon.    Tried activating new watch in store.   Same error message.   At least now I know the problem is not with my watch, but with some other issue.   Later I get a call from senior apple advisor.   Hoping they have an answer.   But no.   They only want a screen shot of the Enablement error message.   So here I still wait.   Not using the only feature that I really upgraded my watch for.   What a half baked rollout and a mess.    I blame Apple for this more than Sprint because I don’t expect much from sprint.    I do expect a lot more from apple.  They should have worked out issues like this in advance with all carriers.   Thank you apple and sprint for ruining my weekend.   Besides my time, you owe me $11 in tools and $26 in parking fees to travel to the apple store this morning.

Highlighted

In terms of this problem, they removed selective call blocking on my account and now the phone let me go through, so try that if you are having issues, it may help.  I was finally able to go through that step and get an LTE plan picked.

Highlighted

Thanks @LUNAFUS1. Folks, you can remove the selective call blocking feature yourself by following these steps here Block (or unblock) numbers from Texting or Calling from Sprint.co. You only need to remove Block Voice calls.

Give that a shot and let us know if you're able to get it activated.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted

On the sprint website, the ability for me to change blocked voice calls is Greyed out - I cannot select it - even though I am the account owner.   I can change other phones on my account, but not my own.   What is going on?

Highlighted

Well it works!😃😄😄😄

Highlighted

We’ll thanks for solving this issue, I appreciate that it works

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hey guys! Please take a look at this thread Apple Watch Series 3 Sprint Problems.  Seawolf posted the solution to this problem already. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

That solution didn't work for me.
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello serenadedfs, let's take a closer look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.