cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asurion insurance fraud

Highlighted
Journeyman

Asurion insurance fraud

I don't seem to be able to own a Sprint phone without experiencing Asurion insurance fraud.

10 years ago: bought expen$sive phone, bought Total Equipment Protection. $10/month. Calculated payoff for replacement phone (loss, theft, damage) vs. monthly fees. Paid for 3 years based on that calculation. Then, Asurion sends me a notice that my equipment coverage has changed and now my max coverage for the phone is $100 (not the $700 that I paid for it, let alone replacement value for an equivalent current model).

Asurion: $360. Me: $0.

2011: I buy a new Sprint phone at Target. Also $$. But learned my lesson, told the sales guy, NO INSURANCE, NO TEP. Watched him remove it from the screen. Got a printout. Read the contract. No TEP. Signed up for service on the phone, paid in full for the device.

After a while (I'm busy) I notice I'm being, have been since the beginning, charged $10/month TEP.

I complain to Sprint and Asurion. Tell them I've been slammed onto the plan; never ordered it. They will NOT REFUND MY MONEY for past fraudulent charges. But they swear up and down my TEP has been removed.

More time passes. I look at my bill. Still paying TEP.

I have a battery problem, and call for help. They say it's not covered. I fix my phone myself.

Goodbye, Sprint. Been a customer since the early 2000s. Done with this B.S. Slamming customers onto services they didn't order is fraud (Wells Fargo, anyone?). Changing the terms mid-contract may or may not be legal (what do I know? not an atty) but it sure is slimy.  Refusing to cover damage - where does it end? What exactly do people pay for with Asurion? And what cut does Sprint get out of it? I supported Sprint because I thought they were not as evil as Verizon. Huh. Maybe not.

1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: Asurion insurance fraud

mainly a FYI but ALL the carriers use Asurion..not just Sprint.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.