cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block 411 Calls

Journeyman

Block 411 Calls

I'd like to be able to block calls to 411 to avoid my daughter from incurring extra fees.  There is a free alternative to calling Sprint's 411 service that she never seems to remember even though she told me about it.  I thought I could enter 411-000-0000 in the blocked calls area since that is how it shows on the itemized Sprint bill.  Does anyone know how to block calls to 411 or if it is even possible.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: Block 411 Calls

I do not believe there is any way to block 411 calls. I tried blocking 411-000-0000 on my phone and it still continue to dial that number. You can always have your daughter add the free 411 number in her phone so when she needs to dial directory assistance, she can go to her contact list and dial that number. The number for free directory assistance is 800-free411(800-373-3411).

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

Appreciate the thought Ray!  It has been more of a lazy attitude; she dials it instead of going to contacts.  We've had this discussion many times to no avail. 

Journeyman

if there was a provider that allowed you to block 411 calls.  i would switch in a moment.

Journeyman

There is. Verizon will allow you to block 411 calls.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.