cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRAZY Taxes???

Journeyman

CRAZY Taxes???

I just switched to sprint from boost because boost does not allow you to lease phones and my hubby and I needed new ones badly. Because of my credit I had to make a $25 payment up front on each phone which would bring my monthly rental to $10 each. Not bad. I was charged $13 in taxes on that initial down payment! My bill for two lines plus the phones is at $101, but with taxes it jumps to $116. This is INSANE to me as boost NEVER had hidden fees and taxes especially those that are FIFTEEN PERCENT of my bill. Just wow. Seriously reconsidering being a sprint customer. 

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: CRAZY Taxes???

The taxes are built in to the Boost monthly costs. You were paying the taxes, they were in the advertised price.

With the post paid Sprint plans, the taxes and fees are not included in the advertised price.

I agree that the fees made to look like taxes should be removed, and there is no real reason why cell companies can't tell you the taxes you will pay each month before you sign up.
Journeyman

Re: CRAZY Taxes???

I wish Sprint included the taxes and fees into the price of the plan like Boost and T-Mobile does.
Good marketing ploy too.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.