cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID - unable to change

Highlighted
Journeyman

Caller ID - unable to change

I have had my Sprint acct for 15 years. When it was started 15 years ago the phone was purchased in my ex-wife's name. Of course now she is gone. I have maintained the account due to employer discounts over the years. Now I find that her name shows up on the caller IDs.

Going to the online Caller ID shows my correct name - no sign of hers. Last year I brought it up and supposedly resolved with Customer Service. I have subsequently changed it online to see if resubmitting may work - no help.

My question -  is the caller ID I am having a problem with a legacy type issue? Somewhere in the depths of the account only an engineer can see or fix? Believe me having my ex-wife's name show up is causing me grief...

Thanks, John

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Re: Caller ID - unable to change

John,

That is the last thing we want to cause you. Mind sending me a private message I need to check your account to make sure it's showing up in our system. Send me your telephone/account number and your PIN/Security Answer.

Thanks,

Dania

Social Media Team

P.S I will be here tomorrow 8-5pm ET in case you don't hear from me right away.

Journeyman

Dania,

Thanks for your rapid response. I am new to posting on the Sprint forum. When you ask for all of my personal acct info, how am I to trust you? How I am assured you are a trusted source? To me, its like we just met.

John

Wizard

johnnygearpin,

I completely understand. Anyone with the Sprint Social Care logo is directly with Sprint. If you don't feel comfortable providing me with all your info via private message perhaps your phone number would be a start.  I can call you at your convenience (I'm usually here 10-7) from our 1800 # to give you a point of reference.

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly. Sorry I have been busy at home. I will take you up on your offer in the next few days. I appreciate your concern.

THanks John

Wizard

johnnygearpin,

Hi John just checking up on you. I'm still available if you need me.

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

Dania, Sorry for my delay in getting back to you. I sent you a PM with acct details. If you hadn't rec'd it. Please let me know and I will resend.

THanks, John

Wizard

johnnygearpin,

Hey I checked and no message. Definitely send it to me again.

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

OK done. I'm new to the forums. I saw in my PM mailbox I hadn't a sent MSG. But now I do. You should see it soon.. John

Wizard

johnnygearpin,

Yup got it working on it now.

Dania

Social Media Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.