cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling voicemail causes busy signal after disabling Google Voice

Journeyman

Calling voicemail causes busy signal after disabling Google Voice

About a week ago I was looking at my bill history online and an agent began chatting with me. We agreed I would switch to a new plan that would be slightly cheaper. But to do this, they had to deactivate my Google Voice from Sprint. Now any time I call voicemail, I get a busy signal. And when other people call me they get some weird robotic "not available" message with some weird number at the end rather than an actual voicemail message like I had in the past.

I tried to talk to an agent online a few days ago. They told me to do a factory reset. I did that. It didn't work, and they never responded to me after I told them it still wasn't working.

Also, I've heard I can't reintegrate Google Voice and Sprint? The agent that got me the new plan said I could, but apparently Google Voice disabled integration with Sprint for new accounts.

27 REPLIES 27
Journeyman

Re: Calling voicemail causes busy signal after disabling Google Voice

I am having the exact same problem, I disabled google voice today and now no voicemail and my phone just rings and rings.  I see lots of posts but no soltuions... I tried the *38 to no avail.

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Hello @GLS1951! We might need to add the voicemail service back to your line. I can help with that.

I'll be sending you a private message, please check your inbox and get back to me at your earliest convenience so we can start working on this.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am also having this issue. Can someone contact me so I can get this set up?

Tags (2)
Journeyman

@rj77,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We can try to add the regular voicemail service back to your line. Let's verify your account, please check your inbox, I will be sending you a private message.

Journeyman

I am also having this issue and need to see about having my voicemail set back up.

Wizard

Hello @eploughe!

Let us take a closer look at your account setting. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message shortly.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you

Journeyman

I am having the same issue since Google Voice was disabled, please help!

Wizard

Hi @Gregb29.

Let's get started. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message shortly.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same problem

@BOBQ1548, I'm here to help! I just need to get your voicemail activated again. I'm going to send you a private message, since I'll need to get into your account.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.