Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera button on HTC EVO LTE does not perform auto focus when pressed

Highlighted
Master

Camera button on HTC EVO LTE does not perform auto focus when pressed

This is an issue that has been present since the phone was first released.

Problem: Pressing the Camera button while pointing at a subject does not activate the cameras auto focus functionality.

The problem has been present since the LTEVO was introduced. Repeated attempts to send bug fixes to HTC has resulted in no fix to date after 4 updates.

Scenario: Launch the stock HTC Camera App and press the Camera Button to it's first position. At this point it should AutoFocus on whatever the subject in the viewfinder is. Unfortunately, it does nothing.

On the HTC OneX it performs an AutoFocus function much like tapping the screen does. Unfortunately, the default camera app on the LTEVO phone does not seem to initiate the AutoFocus function as it's sibling does.

Further Proof: Install a 3rd party app like Camera Zoom FX, perform the exact same test above by pressing the camera button to the first position. What you will find is that any 3rd party app you install will perform the AutoFocus function when pressed to the first position. But for some reason, the default app does not.

As I mentioned before, several attempts at contacting HTC have been tried with confirmation that it is an issue, yet it still has not been addressed to date.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.