cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the line1 number planning to close soon for the line2 which I have lease for a year?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I use the line1 number planning to close soon for the line2 which I have lease for a year?

Hello,

I have total of 6 lines on my account.

To be simple, my question is between 2 lines. 

Line1 (Phone number1, Lease contract1 ) : Lease is complete for this line and planning to close the line very soon. As the number is shared to friends and family members, I would like to retain and use for the other lines. Let's assume plan is to use for Line2 in this context.

Line2 (Phone number2, Lease contract2 ): This line is in lease contract and will continue for more than a year. As this is a new number, I can easily change with the  Phone number1, if the process allows me to re-use under a different contact.

Could you please suggest what needs to be done to achieve this i.e. closing line1 and reuse number1 in place of number2?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello rmupidi! Yes, you can do that. Once you are doing the cancelation of line1, you can request a phone number reservation and then ask to change the number of number2 using the reservation ID of number1.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Thank you very much Jeffrey for the reply.

Does that can be done with sprint (1) online executive and customer support call OR (2) visit nearest sprint store is recommended?

Thanks,

Ramesh M.

Highlighted

All that can be done over the phone. If you are already working with our Online executive or Support, they should be able to get it done.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Hi Jeffrey,

I did reach sprint customer support couple of times. I didn't help me with my request. They mentioned that, it's not possible to change the mobile number to a different contract document. i.e. updating the contract doc is not possible. I am not sure did they understand my problem right.

Could you please suggest what is the best option for me? 

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi rmupidi.

Odd, they should have been able to help you with this. Let me take a closer look at your case. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.