cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only text other Sprint customers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can only text other Sprint customers

Had a Sprint phone and new number for a couple months. After some testing, it looks like only other Sprint users receive my text messages. They show sent on my end, but people on Verizon and AT&T don't receive them. Everyone does receive them if it is a group message. Just thought I'd check if anyone knows of a quick fix before I call support. Thanks all. 

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: Can only text other Sprint customers

Hello Syndrave,

Let me ask you a few questions to determine the root cause of this. What's the make and model of your device? Are you able to receive messages from the people not receiving yours? Is your phone software up to date? Are you sending pictures, videos or music?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the quick response. Device is an LG V20, I have run PRL and Android updates, and I have no issues receiving anyone's texts on my end. If I remember correctly, both my plain text and picture messages are not received, but definitely plain text doesn't get through.  My brother and a friend have Sprint, and neither of them have ever had an issue receiving messages from me. 

Sprint Social Care

Syndrave,

I would like to try some troubleshooting step to the device. I've sent you a private message, please respond as soon as you have an available time.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

are you running the stock texting app or a 3rd party one downloaded from the play store? are you by chance running Google voice or anything else that handles calls/texts/voicemail?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No voice handling apps. I am using handcent messenger. When the problem became apparent, I deleted it and used stock messenger, but the problem persisted. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello Syndrave! Have you been sending group messages to more than 20 recipients? This includes sending multiple messages quickly after each other.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Nope. Largest group is 6, usually single recipient messages. My messaging rate is usually 5 or 6 messages a day, spread out.
Sprint Social Care

Understood! Let's take a look at how the phone is provisioning. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.