cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to WiFi calling feature in my School 802.1x EAP WiFi Network

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't connect to WiFi calling feature in my School 802.1x EAP WiFi Network

I started new service 2 days ago & I get a really crappy signal at my school right in the heart of Atlanta (Georgia Tech). The data speeds are really bad even under the open sky and when I go inside any building I can't even make a call. I thought WiFi calling would atleast make the phone useable but I get a Network Connection error even though I can connect to WiFi just fine & browse the internet. I have tried to read various other posts and have done a number of things including setting up my correct address, updating PRL and my profile, rebooting, forgetting the network & adding it again but nothing seems to help. Can someone please advise me what to do because If this doesn't work out I will unfortunately have to return my phone because I can't be without service half the day!!

P.S. I can connect to WiFi calling just fine at home.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Can't connect to WiFi calling feature in my School 802.1x EAP WiFi Network

Keep in mind, some WiFi networks don't allow WiFi calling, all depends on how its configured. My work place is the same way you describe, bad cell signal inside. But there's nothing I can do because they don't have the WiFi configured to allow it. Or I should say, they have it configured to not allow it.

My guess is, it could be a similar situation for your school.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Hit reply too soon. Check with your schools IT to see if its configured to allow. If it is allowed, then they should be able to help you connect. Especially if you connect other places just fine.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

aeroengg46

Hi there. Allow us to assist you with this, we're here to help. Click this link: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X and follow the instructions provided. Thank you for reaching out to us!
- Layla
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

thats whati was thinking..especially since it works just fine other places..its a limitation with that particular set up

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.