ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Make or Receive Calls After Disabling Google Voice

Journeyman

Cannot Make or Receive Calls After Disabling Google Voice

If I attempt to call out or receive calls on my Sprint phone number I receive the error, "The number or code you've dialed is incorrect; please check the number or code and try again."

Originally I had a GV number (ending in 2580) that was semi-attached to my Sprint phone; however I did not make or receive GV calls on my cell phone, they were simply linked (I had this GV number long before I had the Sprint phone)

I attempted to add my Sprint number (ending in 6054) to another Gmail account (GV number ending in 1666).

When I added the 6054 to the 1666 it automatically removed the 6054 from the 2580 account. Fair enough. I sent a test text message to someone and the 1666 number was showing as the sender, not the 6054 number. I wanted the 6054 number to show for texts and make/receive calls, so I deactivated the 6054 from the 1666, but they were still linked. At this time I attempted a test call to the 6054 and received the message, "The number or code you've dialed is incorrect; please check the number or code and try again."

I tried *38 with no success.

I tried *38######6054 with no success.

I attempted to re-link the 6054 with the 2580, but because calls could not be completed to my phone I was unable to.

I then installed the GV app on my phone and activated it under the 2580 number like it had been originally. I went back into the GV2580 settings and disabled the phone forwarding, did the *38, same "The number or code you've dialed is incorrect; please check the number or code and try again," message.

It has been roughly 2 hours now that my Sprint number seems to have vanished into thin air, however, when I check on my phone's "About Phone > Phone Identity" settings it still shows the 6054 number.

Sprint tech support is closed as I am writing this. Is there anything else I can do to attempt to resolve this issue before they open?

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: Cannot Make or Receive Calls After Disabling Google Voice

A few hours later this issue has resolved itself. I guess I just needed to give it time.

Journeyman

I'm 24 hours in with multiple calls to tech support. My phone has been removed from my account apparently by someone at Sprint. My bill isn't even due yet, and the other four phones are all on there still. Eight tech support people and a service ticket later, and still no phone. At least before I still had internet connection. Now I have nothing on it. It's a very nice looking expensive brick.

Master

Warrensamuel,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in Sprint Community. I would be more than happy to look into this further for you. Can you please send us a Private Message via: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X with your account info. We look forward to working with you.

Lucia
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Sprint Care. I'm in the same boat with being w/out phone service after Sprint Customer Care business hours.

I enabled Google Voice on my phone. Decided I didn't want it and removed it from my Google Voice account. Even though I have used codes ##873283#, ##25327#, *38 and have power cycled my phone several times, I am still unable to make or receive phone calls, nor can I access my voicemail. I read online that the Google Voice "SOC" service offer code needs to be removed from my line. Can this or something be done for me to restore my phone service on  my iPhone?

Master

SCHLEP5767,

I'd be more than happy to take a look at your account. If you can please follow the link: https://community.sprint.com/baw/pm-post%21input.jspa?to=5191314__ and include your full name, phone number, and the 6-10 digit PIN or Security Answer on your account I can get that SOC code removed from your account.

*Liz

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi,

I am having this same issue. Can you help Liz?

Thanks,

Scott

Master

MBROGERS2434,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I will be more than happy to help you. Can you specify the issues you're experiencing? - Geraldine
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I added google voice, and then removed it, and now incoming and outgoing phone calls are not accessible.

Master

MBROGERS2434,
I'm sorry to hear that. Did you just remove the app from your phone, or did you unregister from it completely? - Tiara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I deleted my number from the google voice. Now it has assigned a brand new number.

Journeyman

And, then I unregistered completely.  I am unable to register again on because the only way to verify a google voice account is to receive a phone call directly to the phone one wishes to register. I cant receive or make phone calls.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.