cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive or send SMS/MMS message

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot receive or send SMS/MMS message

I have an iPhone 5s, which was unlocked and ported from verizon when I switched to sprint at the end of May.   I live and work in Washington DC which has full coverage area for sprint.  I am currently connected to a strong WIFI with LTE service signal and I cannot send or receive SMS/MMS messages to non-iphone users.  This only happens when I am at work. I can send and receive iMessages but not SMS messages.  I have called sprint 2-3 times and visited a store and nothing seems to help.  They have dialed multiple ## codes to no avail.  If someone tries to send me an SMS message while I am at work, I do not receive it until hours later when I am home from work and they all come at once. 

This is extremely frustrating! HELP!

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: Cannot receive or send SMS/MMS message

gsailer06

That's really concerning. Please post your nearest cross streets and ZIP code so I can take a look at the towers provided near your workplace.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The cross streets are :

37th St NW

&

O Street NW

Both are in Washington, DC 20057

GrandMaster

anyone else at your work place with a Sprint phone having this same issue?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have two colleagues at work that are subscribed to sprint.  One of them is having the same problem, and the other has not noticed an issue.

Journeyman

I know that it can't be an issue with the phone as I had the same phone with verizon and this didn't happen at work.

Sprint Social Care

gsailer06

We have checked the area. Everything seems to be working fine. Did you check if SMS is on? Go to Settings > Messages > ON and let me know.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, SMS and MMS are both turned ON

GrandMaster

main point of asking is to help narrow down the field the agent will need to look at..the more info they have the quicker they can come to a fix or at least something to attempt to fix it..more than one device=network..one device but others on the same carrier around them then its for sure either the phone itself or something to do with the line on that account.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.