cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Disable-Sprint 2 Google Voice Function

Journeyman

Cant Disable-Sprint 2 Google Voice Function

Hello.  I changed providers (but NOT cellphone number) from Sprint to Verizon.  I thought I might have to do some type of swapping over in GV as I had been an integrated GV person from early on, but it seems I cannot disengage myself from the Sprint integration of GV.  When I try to either delete or disable the Sprint integration, I get the following:

Google Voice cannot be disable the Sprint integration on this phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be disabled.

I have done my share of web searching and from what I found, everyone says it'll take a couple of days and/or the end of the billing cycle for Sprint to disengage itself from GV.  OK, I can buy that.  But it's been 10 days since I changed providers and my last Sprint billing cycle ended on Nov. 23 (with a credit on my current account) but I still do not get calls forwarded to my new phone (even though the cell phone number did not change) and I can't do anything as far as the settings in GV to manually make a change.  So just how long is "a few days"?  I don't assume anyone at Sprint will help now that I am not their customer anymore, but I thought I'd see if anyone here had the same issue and how it was resolved.  Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Cant Disable-Sprint 2 Google Voice Function

Kristoffer,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having these problems with disabling the Google Voice.  When your line with Sprint was canceled, the Google Voice code on the account would also be canceled, which should remove the integration.  There are a couple of ways to remove Google Voice through the the settings in your Google account.  From the Settings, select voice settings and Disable Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone.  Tap Yes, disable this phone at the prompt that appears.  This will bring you back to the Google Voice settings where you can permanently remove the phone.  The other method for removing your Sprint account is to log in and click the settings icon, click settings and in settings click disable next to the number listed as enabled by Sprint. Have you gone through both methods already?  If so, please send us a Private Message and we can check to ensure the code is expired for you. The information we'll need and a link to PM us can be found here: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Jared [Personal Information Removed]/Kristoffer [Personal Information Removed]

[Personal Information Removed]

My line was ported to Verizon however before I ported it over I had Google voice to sprint and now my number is "trapped" on Google voice. This is causing me not to get any phone calls or text to my phone directly. And when people call me there is nothing

http://sprint.r.delivery.net/r/c/r?2.1.GT.2Z2.1wnHdD.FgJ8qG..N.28RYi.71Bo.bW89MQ%5f%5fCfRSFPF0

I Can't get calls only emails at [Personal Information Removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum.  To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Journeyman

When you try to search for you in the to field it says you are not a user

Master

Kristoffer,

Please remove your account information from this public forum post and send us a Private Message. Also, when you send the message, please confirm that the number you listed here is your line with the Google Voice problem.

Thank you,
Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It does not allow me to send you a private message

Master

Kristoffer,

This link contains the information we'll need as well as a link to PM us, http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

If you're unable to use the link, you can click on the SprintCare name or image near this message and select Send Private Message from the options on our profile page.

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.