cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Unlock

Highlighted
Journeyman

Carrier Unlock

I have been working with  @Sprint_Kryshna@Sprint_Yanil and @Sprint_Kelvin.  This is ridiculous.  I paid off my device and requested a carrier unlock on Monday 5/28.  The rep told me it takes 48 hours and I will receive a signal that would unlock the device and I would receive an email when complete.  I never received an email and had to call back and ask if it was done.  They told me it was done and unlocked.  When I tried to use a new SIM, I received an error saying my device was still locked.  I called back 4 different times and all the reps could tell me was it showed it was unlocked. 

I found this forum and @Sprint_Yanil tells me that my phone needs to remain on wifi to accept the signal.  So I was thinking finally I am getting somewhere.  I do not have access to wifi at my work so I figured I could schedule a time to walk over to the coffee shop next door and connect when the signal would be sent.  @Sprint_Yanil tells me it takes 2-3 business days and I can choose to leave my device somewhere connected to wifi to ensure the signal is received or I will miss it again.

WHAT!?!?!  So I need to remain in constant wifi for 72 hours.  What if I get in the car?  How do I go to work or pick up my kids?  I cannot leave my phone at home for 3 days.  I do not understand why I cannot schedule a time with someone to send the signal when I will be connected to wifi.  Why can't the technician just reach out to me when they are about to send the unlock signal and confirm if I can go somewhere to connect to wifi to receive the signal.  This is ridiculous.  I need a supervisor or someone to work with me.  This should not be this difficult.  

Joseph Gaeta

1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: Carrier Unlock

it only needs to be connected to wifi if it is no longer on an active account...or if you are in poor coverage areas frequently so you dont miss the unlock code being sent to the device..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.