cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Phone Not Ringing after Google Voice Integration

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have integrated my sprint number with google voice, choosing "option 1" where my Sprint number is the google voice number.  Everything is working fine except that calls to my number do not ring on the cell phone anymore, only my work number (where I set it up to ring as well).  Anyone else having this problem, or know of a solution? 

Tags (3)
15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

I am having a similar issue since I updated my phone yesterday. My phone doesn't ring at all nor does the answer call screen show on my phone. The only way o know if someones tried to call is if they leave a voicemail and then there's still no sound just the icon.I have tried everything uninstalled apps took battery out. Checked settings etc etc. Even Facebook app is messed up I have uninstalled and reinstalled that too. I'm at a loss here its frustrating!

Journeyman

Have anyone of you two set your sprint number to enable to your google voice number? sign into google voice, far right corner under your number, select it and go into settings....go to phones and ensure that enable google voice on your sprint phone number is checked...I have set my phone up to ask everytime I make a call to prevent google voice from intercepting my sms and from preventing my sprint number from going straight to vm

Journeyman

Re: Cell Phone Not Ringing after Google Voice Integration

My integrated Google number worked great for a few months then my smart phone ( with the GV number) stopped receiving calls. I could call out fine but calling it (same # as GV #) all my GV phones except my smart phone would ring.

I turns out Sprint disqualified me because I have a corporate account!

Sprint said I should have never been able to sign up for the integrated GV number.

Now I'm stuck. I can't disable my Sprint GV number on the GV website. I get a warning message to call Sprint. Sprint says it's a GV problem. Sprint suggested I pay GV the $20 to change back to my old GV # but I'm not sure that will work.

I don't know how to talk or comunicate with GV to resolve this issue.

Update: Google just gave me my old GV # back! Sprint did say they would e-mail GV.

It's not a cool. Having my GV  # the same as my smart phone # but at least it works again.

GV is up and running for me and my smart phone can make and RECEIVE calls!

Journeyman

I have the same issue.  My phone is enabled under settings and calls go directly to VM.  Do not disturb is NOT checked off. I'm open to any other suggestions, otherwise as much as I like the other voice features, with this issue and not being able to disable text messaging, I will probably disable google voice. I've also dropped more calls since I've enabled google voice which is another reason to disable it.

Journeyman

I have the same issue. It was ringing for the most part for several months. Now it seems like I miss a few calls a day. Outbound calls and text in and out are no issue. Just inbound calls. Sometimes it shows for a second on my phone but most times it will just say missed call or all of a sudden display that I have a voicemail.

Journeyman

I have a similar issue, but its a large # of calls n sometimes they dont show in my GV/Phone call log.

Journeyman

How is this question "Assumed Answered"????  There isn't any answer!  And for those of us looking for an answer it is VERY frustrating to come to a thread that appears to be answered and then it isn't!

Journeyman

Agree with Atlanta - what gives?

Master

Sprint is currently experiencing a technical difficulty which prevents new users from integrating their Sprint accounts with Google Voice. Also, users who have disabled the integration cannot re-enable Google Voice/Sprint integration at this time.

http://support.google.com/voice/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs

Sprint Employee

If any of you are still having trouble with google voice integration, incoming calls route to alternate phone instead of mobile please post back, or send a private message to me.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

My Sprint phone misses most calls...the vast majority of calls ring to my GV phone and never reach my cell phone these days. When my cellphone does ring it's generally after 4 or 5 rings of my GV phone...and naturally I miss the call at that point. I've used this service since day one and it used to be pretty decent..but has gotten worse and worse until now it is virtually unuseable. My cellphone almost never rings. The upside is I am realizing how peaceful life is without my cellphone ringing all the time! And...how 97% of all calls are not really that important..but, how about I decide what gets screened and not have Sprint/GV screen them all..!

This service is potentially excellent but please...please.. get it sorted out.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.