cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan to 20GB share pack, lost Google Voice integration

Highlighted
Journeyman

Changed plan to 20GB share pack, lost Google Voice integration

I've used the Google Voice integration for years and recently switched to the share pack plan. After switching, I noticed that the GV plan add-on was no longer on my plan. I've tried re-integrating my number through GV but get an error message that my number isn't eligible.  I would really like to get that integration back, it was one of the reasons I liked Sprint.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Master

Re: Changed plan to 20GB share pack, lost Google Voice integration

mattb0- I'd like to look into this closer with you, would like to see if Google voice has been added to your account again! Can you send us a private message with your phone number, PIN and link to this thread? - Steph
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm experiencing the same issue. I've been with tech support four times now. In  every instance they've removed GV from my account and when I've tried to re-integrate the service back to my phone number, I receive the following error: We could not verify your phone. Please try again. Additionally, ability to make phone calls is lost while retaining access to data services.

Highlighted
Master

ELEAZR, please follow the same link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X and send us a Private Message.  We should take a look at the way the account is set up at this point.  - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same problem after changing my plan too. Sent a private message to Sprint. Home it gets resolved. No one has my Sprint number and everyone has my Google Voice number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was about to change to the 20 GB shared plan but the Rep stopped me because I was an avid user of google voice, the technical team said that it would no longer be supported with the new plan.  As a Huge google voice user I DO NOT want to change my current setup with 1 number to my computer and phone (and able to take text messages via the app on my 2nd phone)

Is there any way I can get the newer plan and keep voice?

Highlighted
Master

PYROSF,

I can understand your concern with keeping your Google Voice. Changing your plan should not effect your Google Voice. What we can do is try to do the plan change and see if it gives us any errors before we make any final changes. Please send us a private message: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . We look forward to hearing from you.

- Clyde
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately I also didn't get notified that when I would change my plan I would lose google voice integration. That private message link is old and invalid. Perhaps you could update it.

Changed plan, two phones that were integrated with google voice lost integration. A third line that had call forwarding to my home and cell phones did not lose integration. Was able to re-integrate one of the lines that was cut off. The other line is still not able to be integrated. Even after multiple calls to sprint and request of removal of SOC (whatever that is, which was recommended by another person on these forums). 

No luck so far. May be converting over to ATT. So far data service, while more expensive, if much faster and more reliable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem as Eleazr, but when I followed the link, I didn't see a place to send a private message. Did I miss something?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lost Voice integration after switching plan. Please help

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  Switched to a single from a family plan yesterday.  On the phone with support for 2 hours (LITERALLY) and they have no clue. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been with sprint since 1998 but today may be the day I leave.  I cannot believe the total lack of professionalism when I call for assistance.  I've been on hold more than 2 hours and nobody wants to take the time to figure out the problem.  I keep getting passed back into their queue for someone else to give up and do the same.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.