cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging extra for TeleNav

Highlighted
Journeyman

Charging extra for TeleNav

Got a text notice today to let me know that my TeleNav app will now cost me an additional $9.95 a month starting in October. Really? Why should I have to pay extra for something I already have? What will stop working next unless I pay an additional fee? I've been with Sprint for over 10 years and pay $300+ per month for my family plan. My 2-year agreements are expiring and I will be looking to move to another provider. This is not how a well-run business treats their valued customers.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Charging extra for TeleNav

gabriel4848

I do apologize for any inconvenience this is causing.

Effective 10/1 we no longer have a partnership with Telenav. However that does not mean you will be without GPS service. Not sure of the device you are using, but you can access your devices store/market and obtain a GPS there at no additional cost. You can preview different ones available, as well as read real life customer reviews to see how it has worked for others.

A popular one that we recommend is Scout.

We certainly value and appreciate all the time you have dedicated to us. We don't want to lose you and I hope the options mentioned are helpful.

Zena

Social Media Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agree with this post.  Stated another way, not sure how, when a contract is in place, Sprint expects to charge the same amount for less product (service) provided.  Everything with Sprint seems to be less lately:  "We're upgrading towers, your regular signal should go back to normal soon", "we're now going to charge you for service we agreed to provide you at your last contract".  I've been with Sprint 11 years, and I don't care if the competitor's service costs just as much - the way this is being implemented is poor.  Will also be making a change.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I personally use Scout and love it for navigation you might want to try that and its completely free

Highlighted
Journeyman

Scout would be fine, but it won't run on my WP7 phone.  I called to ask if there were alternatives, and was told that there were not (verified by the online list, which lists my phone as "needs to be upgraded").  Since there are not, would that constitute a material change, letting me out without ETF?  A resounding NO.  Sprint doesn't consider this a material change, even for a phone that's on the "no hope or alternative" list.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Zena,

Thanks for the response. I check Blackberry App World and there is no suitable replacement for TeleNav on my Blackberry Torch that isn't going to cost me additional money. Why should I have to pay for something I already had just because Sprint decided not to renew a vendor contract? This is the kind of thing that will drive loyal Sprint customers to another cellular service provider. This is nothing but a rate increase, and I refuse to pay for it as it violates my 2-yr contract.

Highlighted

gabriel4848

As states Gabrieal, losing you as a loyal customer is not an option we want to think about.

There should be a pre-loaded app called MAPS on your device. If not, Google Maps, as well as Blackberry Maps should be available for free in the App World. Though, they may not have all features, such as turn-by-turn voice directions.

Please let me know if you are able to locate any of the above mentioned.

Zena

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem with my Blackberry Style -- there is no comparable app for the TeleNav with turn by turn directions.  I refuse to pay $10 a month for the TeleNav.  I need a replacement app that is comparable.  I've never had a problem with Sprint until now, I don't think that it's ok to take that away with no replacement.  My phone is already old, now it's completely worthless to me.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.