cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete scam

Journeyman

Complete scam

When signing on for Sprint I had bad credit well I still do. So to get a decent phone they wanted around the $400 down payment. So instead I want with the Stylo 4 which is not working as it's supposed to. There are no damages but I have to reset it daily because it gets so slow. I got this phone only 3 months ago so I called about seeing about getting an upgrade and trying to see if they can work with me because they sold me a phone with issues. They want me to pay $140 early upgrade fee which I don't mind paying but the problem is the used phones are hardly ever in stock so I called to see if I could get the early upgrade fee charged to my next bill when I get paid. They said they can do that but then they told me the phones I was looking at on the website are not in stock and the ones that were in stock they quoted me a higher down payment and a higher monthly payment then what is on the website. They told me that the website does not always stay up-to-date and they also told me they could not offer the same offers to me on the website. They said their information over the phone is more accurate and the website is incorrect. I have to sign into my account to try to do an upgrade so I know the amount is correct on the website. Probably going to switch providers because I have nothing but issues with Sprint. I don't know if telesales is a scam or if the website doesn't stay up to date but I'm starting to think Sprint as a company is what's really the full scam

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Complete scam

I don't want to lose you as a customer. Can you tell me what's happening with the phone?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I have an LG Stylo 4 I have called several times about trying to get a refund on it. In the fine print it says I have 30 days to try to return it but when I called within the first 30 days I was lied to and said I couldn't return it and now that it's after the first 30 days I am told that there is no call history for me within the first 30 days which is a lie. I'm being scammed and robbed paying for a phone that doesn't work and I have to pay $140 to fix Sprint own mistake.

@RedCruzr_Sprint wrote:

I don't want to lose you as a customer. Can you tell me what's happening with the phone?

Do you have Sprint Complete coverage? If not, I recommend speaking with LG for warranty coverage.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I do not have complete coverage because I take care of the things I buy and don't really by and don't really break things. The reason I'm taking this up with Sprint and not LG is because Sprint told me I could not return it when I originally called within the first 30 days and they Dodge around my questions and now I'm being told that there's no call on file from me calling on the first 30 days when I know for a fact they called three times. So they are saying that I'm disqualified from a return because I never called but I did call within the first three weeks three times and all three times I was told I could not return it I've been lied to repeatedly and it's costing me money to fix Sprint mistakes

The information you've received about returning it at this time, is correct. We wouldn't be able to return it now. Typically, if it's deemed a warranty issue, there is no cost for a replacement. Since you're past the 30 days, the next step would be the manufacturer.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I am surprised when I find out that I have just been scammed, the worst thing is that I cannot get out and if I want to get out of this contract I will leave without nothing and I still have to pay to be able to get out from this company.

I switched to Sprint 2 years ago, bought an offer and bought 4 phones, plus my son's (he owns it), total 5 lines. I was informed that at the end of the contract I could keep the phones, return them or renew them, if I decided to keep them I would have to pay the difference after 18 months in a single payment or continue paying monthly. It turns out that the company decided to put me in lease month by month without the option to buy the phones, without any notification or letter in the I can decide to continue with the purchase of my phones or simply cancel and return them. Now it turns out that I am paying more than $ 300 for all the service, I cannot buy the phones because in NJ you cannot buy the phones and I have to pay to be able to retire without anything. When I signed the contract that I was informed, I will keep the phones, not restrictions. This is the biggest scam and Sprint is one of the biggest scammer, and they have license to do that. I went to a store and called CA and they were not able to help me, giving me only one solution, to change the equipment and continue renting the phones, that means paying top of the price for their service (more than $300 for everything) staying in a vicious circle that you can never leave, if you do not remember the dates because they do not let you know that you lease or “sale” will end, changing your contract to their preference (lease month to month) which you cannot get out without paying the penalty.
Not only that, my service is the worst. My calls drop frequently, I can't receive calls, bad signal, slow data and a booster that looks like a desktop and it does absolutely nothing. I don't even have a good signal in my house.

I will publish this on all social media. It won't stay that way. EVERYBODY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND DONT GET TRAP AND SCAM.
Tags (2)
Wizard

I hear ya Crabjr. At the beginning of this year, certain states instituted a ruling that customers can't purchase devices after they have moved to a rent or month to month payments. With a lease there are 3 options; Those are to purchase, upgrade and return the old device in good working order, or con't paying on a month to month bases. 

This last option is the default option, in the event that a customer doesn't choose one of the other 2 options. 

As for notification, all options are outlined on page one of the lease contract. Which I understand not holding on to it for 18 months. Sprint understands this as well and that is why there are 2 sections on the bill that shows what number payment your making, and a complete break down of the lease further into the bill. Small grey boxes, about age 5-9 of the bill. The bill also will tell the customer that when the last payment has been applied to the bill. It's right across from the line the lease phone is on. We also send out a notification via either text or email stating that a customer is at the end of their lease, and out lines the end of lease options. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

What does it mean?
That I have to stuck with my contract keep paying the humongous bill and shut up.

Who does it read the ebills once you are in autopay?
Please give me a break.
That is ridiculous. I signed for something now I end without nothing that I to who?
Your company.
Journeyman

This answer is not a solution

Journeyman

So why do you reply ?

With the laws set in place, we can not do anything to make it to where you can own it. You have the choice to upgrade and/or turn the phone back in.  

It is frustrating, and I completely understand that. We have to follow the state laws put in place. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.