cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concern about a technical support ceiling that processes have now placed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Concern about a technical support ceiling that processes have now placed.

Hi there,

I have been trying to get 3 buildings switched over to Sprint Mobile Broadband because our high speed internet carrier has failed to deliver any meaningful bandwidth even though we are in a very busy, very typical/normal part of the Los Angeles Suburbs right next to the freeway. LTE coverage and Sprint Spark coverage is supposed to be excellent here, and so we have tried to work with the Netgear 6100D, which I signed up for 14 days ago. It was working perfectly with 55Mbps down for 6 days. Then it completely stopped. The router/modem will no longer connect with the towers (even though there are 3-4 2.5Ghz LTE towers within range of me. I even have pretty much direct line of sight to one of them.

I called customer service and they were each very nice and concise. We PRL updated, profile updated, factory reset, software update, turn on/off 30 times, exchanged the router/modem at the store for a new one. All without resolution. The router/modem will work at other locations, but not at the location we need it to.

I have talked to multiple techs and reps and all have told me that there is "nothing" else they could do. We have submitted pinpoints and waited the requisite 72 hours each time. But if there is no huge number of other people reporting the same issue, there may never be a ticket created. I am trying to get this to work in an area that has great coverage, but has no residential. It may even be a year before someone else reports the say issue!

Since there is no longer a CTMS ticket that can be created, there is no longer a mechanism in which a problem like mine may EVER be resolved. There is now NO communication between technical support and engineering. There is now NO way of escalating tech, even in the face of an obviously diagnosed tower problem.

We are now stuck with a situation where we are being told that it is "tough", but customers such as myself are just being told to cancel service because there is no longer a mechanism to fix certain problems. I don't want to cancel. I am trying to fix the problem and make it possible to give Sprint about 100 more customers that will be estatic to have the service. Unfortunately, I have been told by the manager at the OK call center that there is just nothing that can be done and that I can cancel the service since he agrees that there is a possibility that this problem is not addressed for a very long time.

Can you help here? I think my next step is to call a buddy at higher level corporate. But to bother them about an issue like this is just absurd.

Help!

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Concern about a technical support ceiling that processes have now placed.

I guess what the main question is: Is it okay for customer support and technical support to just tell us, "Tough". There's nothing we can do. "Please cancel the service". Is that ever an appropriate answer?

Master

bonedoc Thank you for reaching out. This is not how we want our customers to feel. Give us a chance to turn things around and make your experience with us a superior one. Please email your name, phone number, pin or security answer and the URL to this post to Sprintcares@sprint.com. We will get down to the bottom of this. Nija Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Thank you so much for responding. I forwarded that info this morning and hope to hear from you soon. I will immediately update here as details come in!

Master

bonedoc Awesome! You're definitely welcome. Nija Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

So far, the problem persists.

Michelle at the Sprint Social Care Team reached out, but hasn't resolved anything. What she told me so far wasn't very helpful at all.

I have called tech support almost every day. One tech told me that eventually it will cost more to handle the calls and something will have to be done, so he told me to call daily until it gets resolved. I am finally in touch with a supervisor that is trying to help.

I will continue to update, but I still have no service and no call connections as of now.

Master

bonedoc,

I apologize that you're still having service issues. A CTMS ticket was submitted for your issue. The ticket is still open and the techs are still investigating the issue. Please continue to be patient.

Marie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the exact same issue in Austin TX

The 6100D works very well for  a few days then cuts out ... I have  to do a hard power cycle and then log into the device and manage  the data connection by doing a hard data disconnect then a reconnect ( it's all in an FAQ)

I bought this for use in a remote are to monitor a vacation property with no internet access. I have fantastic coverage.

A couple of Symptoms

1) I do see the device losing lock with the tower with great coverage then reconnecting to a tower further away with poor coverage  ( 1 bar vs 4 to 5 bars) ... I'm beginning to think the firmware does not  occasionally look for and establish the best link ...  Sprint does have to do tower maintenance and updates ... I might lock to poor coverage tower and stick there

2) I see a time of day issue on performance and connection ... I seem to loose service dying peak commute  times ... almost like having service interrupted to handle mobile phone traffic

Seems like  a bit of firmware improvements to keep looking for strong tower/channel and  reestablish link automatically is needed ...

I have set a timer to power cycle my device every day ... it helps  for #1 but I still see issue #2  every day

Master

PFStru,

We apologize for the issues that are occurring with the service you have with our network. What you have mentioned is true for both points. Both of these issues should be resolved with the upgrades of the towers that we are doing in your area, and nationwide. One of the reasons that we are upgrading the towers is to build more capacity. This means more people will be able to be on the same tower at the same time and still get good service, once the upgrades are complete. This is one of several upgrades for the towers, along with adding 4G LTE, strengthening the 3G indoor/outdoor coverage, and building Spark and more. Let me know if this helps to understand what is going on; and if you have any other questions or concerns. You can check out the progress for any location of interest by visiting sprint.com/network.

- Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just got the 6100D and have had nothing but connection problems. Last support person I spoke with said its because of the double pane windows in my home. Really?

I'm returning this device today. Sprint is unable to support this product. I'm in a rural area but with LTE coverage. My only other option was satellite but it was horrible too.

Never an issue with my phone being a hotspot. Always connects.

Sprint is not capable yet to support. Don't waste your time.

PS. I was also told to open my window and see if it works then. Really, it's 104 degrees in OK.

Could be a great item but not yet.

GrandMaster

im guessing they wanted to see if the signal improved or not..if it did its due to your building and there might be another fix attempt they could try..if it didnt then theyre back to square one again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.