I went to the settings in Google Voice; however, it does not give me the option to disable a Google Voice number. My Google Voice Number is not listed at all. The Google Voice number is separate from my Sprint number. I do want my Google Voice number shown on Caller ID as it is a Texas number and it makes people think I am a creditor. How can I permanently remove Google Voice or have my cell number shown on Caller ID's.
Hello, we will be happy to assist today. To remove The Google Voice please follows the steps below. Your caller ID will then go back to what it was originally before, once Google Voice has been removed.
- Go to Google Voice and log on with Google Account information. - Click phone number or click Settings - Click Voice Settings.
- In Settings, click Disable. - At prompt, click Disable Sprint Account.
- Note: Disabling the Sprint account will remove it from the Google Voice account.
- All existing voicemail and text messages will remain available in the inbox.
- Google disables the Sprint Account. - Voice Mail services are restored to Sprint.
- Other Services may need to be manually added back, such as call tones and Integrated Office.
- Sprint Phone number is removed from Google Voice.
If you're still having issues after having tried the above steps, let me know we can check our internal systems to verify your voicemail is the default Sprint voicemail system.
Ash, Sprint Social Care Team.
This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.