cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate photos suddenly appear...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Duplicate photos suddenly appear...

I suddenly have 2 of every photo on my phone! When I delete the duplicates, the originals disappear, too! LUCKILY, I have them backed up to about 4 sites. Can anybody tell me what the heck is going on & WHY I would lose both? VERRRRRRRY frustrating! Also, is there a way to retrieve them?

Thanks, in advance!

LoyallyLOSTfan

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Duplicate photos suddenly appear...

loyallylostfan,

Oh no! This isn’t good at all! I’m happy to help. What phone do you have? Do you get any errors? Are you using any 3rd party apps? Let me know, I'm here for you!

Laura,

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanx for getting back to me! I have the HTC EVO 4G LTE since June, 2012. Nothing has changed in how I use my photo backup. Is there any way to retrieve them? Not a biggy. I have them backed up. It just takes up space when they are duplicated. Perhaps it is just a temporary thing. Any suggestions on how to prevent this? In simple terms, please! LOL!

Highlighted
Journeyman

loyallylostfan,

Thank you for the info. I’m happy to help. Are you using a 3rd party app or the standard camera that comes with the phone? Is your device rooted/jail broken? Have you checked the options for storage settings? I don’t see any known issues for this. I can still troubleshoot the device with you. Let me know.

Laura,

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check to see if your HDR has been turned on in your camera.  This feature takes multiple images to make a clearer photo.  Try turning it off and see if that helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope. No HDR. No option for that. Sigh. Can't figure out why! Will get a new media card. Hopefully it will just work itself out. It mysteriously did it, maybe it will mysteriously not do it! LOL! Thanx! If any more ideas, let me know!

Highlighted
Journeyman

One other thought: On your phone, once you open the camera viewfinder screen, touch "A". Then you should find the other options such as "portrait", "group portrait", "HDR".  Maybe worth a try at this point! Best wishes!

Highlighted
Wizard

loyallylostfan:

Hmm, this is a bit perplexing for sure.   There is a bit of information we do need to continue to diagnose the issue for you.  Please provide all of the following:

Is the device rooted? If not, please provide the software version and the build version of the device.

Are you using the standard camera app?  If not, which app are you using?

Do you have it set to automatically backup or share your photos?  If so, which app(s) are you using to share or backup?

Have you deleted any cache overflow?

Have you performed a soft reset?

Immediately preceding starting to have this issues did you install any application(s)?  If so, what was it?

Once we get that info, we will be better prepared to provide you the most accurate information.  Let me know.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.