cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not syncing

Journeyman

Emails not syncing

I have a LG Optimus G and my emails are not syncing. I have removed both (one is an Exchange acct.) and then reactivated. It's ok for a few hours and then stops. Other accounts (Facebook, weather, etc.) are syncing fine. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Emails not syncing

IntheDesert

Thanks for the post. I realize I am reiterating what it sounds like you've just done - You have gone into the settings and chose to delete the account? Once you re-added the account(s) did you adjust the sync settings, sync times etc?

I believe by default there is a peak hours and off hours setting that may be causing email not to sync during specific times during the day.

Aside from the settings, I have seen some issue with an Exchange Active Sync where the calendar or contacts are so huge that it can't sync to the phone. Let's try to remove the Exchange account and see if the other account starts syncing correctly. If it does you may need to limit how far back the calendar is syncing and check your Outlook for old information you can purge.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

Thanks Chris. Sync times are all adjusted for all times. The Exchange was only set up for emails only. In the meantime I downloaded K-9 which is working fine. However the Exchange isn't working yet. I would like to get back my old email without having to do a hard reset. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Journeyman

Chris - I found another Email app (Touchdown) that handles my Exchange emails. Thank you for your time.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.