cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 34 when sending texts at home through Airave

Journeyman

Error 34 when sending texts at home through Airave

I recently bught a Samsung Galaxy S4. Since day 1 I was getting an error 97 when sending texts. Since I reset the Airave a few days after I got it I am getting an Error 34 when sending texts at home through Airave 2.5. I can receive texts just fine but can't send any. Also, my phone drops into data roaming at home on Airave. Tried erasing all data & resetting phone. Tried updating PRL and profile but nothing has worked. Is this a known issue and is there any fixes or workarounds?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Error 34 when sending texts at home through Airave

I actually experienced this when I activated my HTC ONE along with my wife's LG Optimus G and our Airave.  It frustrated me for a bit, but it ended up clearing itself out after a day or two.  I found that using my phone on the Sprint Network away from home for sending/receiving texts and calls worked fine and then when I returned home with my Airave it worked perfectly after that.  Not sure what would cause that and as far as I'm aware this isn't a 'known issue'.  Try using as I did and see if that helps you out!  Good luck!

Troy Glidden

Service and Repair Process Improvement Manager
Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. 

Journeyman

I've been out of the house several times this week and it has not cleared up. Thanks for sharing your experience though. It does not seem like an isolated issue, My problem is that it is not a consistent problem. Yesterday I was able to send two texts after resetting the Airave. That seemed to only work that day though.

Journeyman

Hello, the issue with the error 97 and the error 34 are tied to a duplication of the network identifier within the device. This happens often when you upgrade and both your old device and new device are seen by the airave. Generally resetting the old device and powercycling the airave will resolve this. If the issue persists contact airave support for further instructions. hope this helps

Journeyman

Fellow Sprint Users,

This is what is causing the problem:  The MSID is the same on the phone with LTE (the GSIII and GS4) as your old phone without LTE, and this causes a problem with the Air Rave.  It is a MSID problem

This is how you solve the problem: This is the phone number to Sprint Air Rave Tech Support 1-866-556-7310.  They know about this issue and how to fix it.  It will involve them changing your MSID, sending a push PRL Update, and perhaps resetting your Air Rave using the reset hold (paperclip).

I had the same problem, and I finally talked with someone in Sprint Air Rave Tech Support who knew what they were doing.

Ethomancer

Journeyman

I had the same issue....  after calling Sprint 7 or 8 times and nothing changing I started doing my own research and found that problems are in the router name as far as my situation was concerned.  I had a symbol in the name of my router...  I renamed my router to be only letters and the problem was resolved.

Journeyman

I had the same issue....  after doing some research of my own because I could not get help from Sprint...  it was my router name...  changed my router to only letters and my problem was resolved.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.