cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts

Journeyman

Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts

Hello,

I have an Essential phone and love it! But I've had an ongoing issue where I am not receiving texts on time or I'm not receiving them at all. This is very frustrating and would love some help. 

I'm using the most up to date software (Android 7.1.1), have updated my QDMA profiles, and can make and receive phone calls without issue. The problem is somehow tied to text messaging only. 

My home zip code is 19122 and nearest cross streets are 6th and Thompson. My work zip code is 19063 and the nearest cross streets are Radnor and Baltimore Ave. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (2)
171 REPLIES 171
GrandMaster

Re: Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts

is this with sms (regular texts) or mms (group texts, pic mail or regular texts that end up to large to send the regular way).

and are they showing up eventually? or never show up?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I believe it's with SMS and MMS. Sometimes they come in later and other times they don't come in at all. People have been sending me screenshots of their responses to me so I know what is going on. 

I have also experienced getting multiple duplicates in a row after the fact. 

GrandMaster

duplicates are usually a hiccup in the network. are you running anything like google voice or hangouts for voice and texts aside from the text app itself? and which texting app are you using? have you tried any other texting apps in case its app related?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

the screen shots are coming through just fine that they send you though?
Journeyman

I don't have Hangouts or Voice installed. Right now I'm using Pulse. I was using Google messages but I downloaded Pulse in an attempt to troubleshoot and it seemed like thing improved but I fear that was just a placebo effect. I think I'm experiencing network issues as well. 

Oh and I have received pictures/gifs via text but most of the messages I was referring to have been sent to me in another app like Snapchat or Messenger. I'd have to ask someone to test it out for me to be sure. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

snapchat uses data to send/receive so that more than likely is going to be data or the app itself...messenger as in something like FaceBook messenger?

also are you by chance using power saver mode?
Journeyman

Re: Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts and Multiple Texxt

I have been having a similiar issue with the two Essential phones i purchased this weekend.  I have changed the app to Verizon Messenger and the same repeated messages keep occuring and so far as I can see it is only happening when other Sprint users send me text messages.  I have received the same message 8 times already this morning!  I  have contacted Sprint support yesterday and unfortunately they are really no help.  Never had texting issues on this scale with Verizon so I will probably cancel since I am well within the 14 day period and go back but I am very frustrated about it as I really like the Essential phone.  I have an iPhone with Sprint and the repeating messages are not occuring on this device so it seems to only affect the Android platform.  A very frustrated and unhappy Sprint customer.  

Journeyman

Yeah it really sucks. This morning when I got to work I got 12 text messages from yesterday in a row. Texting is completely useless right now, it's so frustrating. 

I was hoping a Sprint rep would respond here but it looks like I'll probably have to go into the store and deal with them in person.. Smiley Sad

Journeyman

I called Sprint yesterday. After them trying to reset a bunch of things and having us turn our phones on and off after multiple setting changes. we gave up. These are 2 separate essential phones with sprint.

Texts come late and often repeat. I got one 27 times. My son got one 24 times. The rest varied from 2 to 15 times repeating. Its on both our phones. And its not the tower, as it occurred at work in MA and at my home in CT. Also, a text was repeating to me from my friend's phone who has AT and T along with the texts from sprint customers.

Their suggestion was to exchange the phone. My husband on the same plan with us got a Galaxy 8, and guess what- no issues. I guess we get what we pay for.

I am very disappointed.

Journeyman

I am heading to the store now.  Let's see what they can do.  

Journeyman

I am in MA too.  My mom is in Western MA and I am in Eastern MA and same issue but it seems to be worst for me.  Oh yeah, the repeated messages went up to about 52 text messages.   I have never had this issue with Sprint.  If the store visit does not help, this may be a short-lived Sprint Community experience because I am mad enough to terminate all my devices with Sprint and go to another carrier.  

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.