cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts

Journeyman

Re: Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts and Multiple Texxt

Good to know.  I haven't played with Oreo.  Waiting for the public release.

I jumped to that conclusion because he said that exchanges of the phone itself fixed the problem.  If the firmware is the same, then the logical conclusion is that there is a hardware issue as opposed to a software one that can be fixed by flashing an update.  No?

GrandMaster

its possible..but with the new update getting ready to be pushed for at least one bug fix i wouldnt be surprised if there were multiple bug fixes mixed in with it.

there is always that chance that a few devices were kicked out that had a hardware issue but i dont see that affecting just texting..usually you would see multiple things affected if that were the case.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

There are just so many variables it's hard to say without completely speculating. That's whats so frustrating about this issue because neither Sprint nor Essential seem to be fully upfront about the problem. I think that's because to the general public, they don't care about specifics, they just want a working device. 

Theres a small subset of the community here and on Reddit that want specifics but everyone else just wants a phone that works. 

Here was the official thread on Reddit explaining things if you're interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/7fvcpv/the_essential_phone_smsmms_issue_is_frustrating/ds5h...

I think honestly it might not have anything to do with Oreo, it's probably just the sprint network updates they pushed out via the Play Store. I've had a couple in the last month or so. My bet is one of those resolved the issue for me. 

GrandMaster

im still leaning towards something that needed additional adjusting that they missed. to coincidental that there is a know issue with how its reading a specific band of LTE..makes you wonder what else it might not be reading correctly. i can see mms texts messing up with the known issue but if its sms only....dunno.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.