cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts

Journeyman

Re: Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts and Multiple Texxt

Also, I am sure Essential team will not be happy to hear that Sprint is blaming their phones as the issue.  The Sprint rep told me that Sprint is the only store that has the Essential device and now they are telling customers to get rid of them and go to the competitor.  Wow!

Journeyman

For extra fun, my phone is now repeatedly reporting new voicemails....but there are no new voicemails when I call.

Journeyman

I performed a factory reset and still the same issue.  As much as I love this phone, I need text messaging and I have to bring both Essential Phones back to Sprint.   I guess now I know why Sprint has them on promo.  Also, this issue has been reported for months if you check Reddit and other sites so why hasn't Sprint done anything about it.  Because to most carriers, we are just numbers.  They do not care because as soon as one of us moves on, another one takes our place. It is what it is.  

Journeyman

I'm active on the reddit sub and someone just suggested that I set up my voicemail and recheck. He said he was having the same issue and after doing that his problems went away. I haven't set mine up since getting my phone so I'm going to try that and report back. Not sure if that applies to you all but figured I'd let you know.

Journeyman

I have not setup my voicemail but my Mom set her voicemail up and she still has this issue.  Since I did the factory reset, I will try that and see if it resolves the issue where is strange.  I also put in a ticket with support at the Essential Phone page.  

Sprint Social Care

Good morning guys! Do you have any other issues besides texting? Like with the calls and data? Let us know if setting up the Voicemail worked/

Hey ahuczek, I'm not seeing any network issues in your work place and your house.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well miraculously, me and my Mom can  receive text messages now.  It appeared everyone received our text but their replies were not getting to us.  This morning my notification tone was going crazy because all these test messages started coming in.  Essential support was very responsive and requested phone info from me but I am sure this was a Sprint issue as I saw on other boards that users with other phone models (all Androids) were experiencing same issue.  Jeffrey it is good to know that Sprint is checking their boards but this seems to be an ongoing issue with Sprint and Android phones.  I have never experienced this issue of dup and delayed text messages on my iPhone and I do not use my Samsung tablet to text.   Let's hope it is resolved for good. I will give this until Friday before I decide to keep or return phobes.  Thanks for checking in.  

Sprint Social Care

Re: Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts

Great to see that for you it got resolved. Did you do anything or it just started working out of the bloom?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Jeffery, 

Thanks for responding. I'm not seeing any text messages still after setting up voicemail. Not sure how that would have done anything though honestly. 

Let me try to text someone and see what happens. I haven't received any today yet. 

Sprint Social Care

Please try and let us know so that we can go form there.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I continue to receive multiple texts and it tells me I have voicemail when I do not.

Sprint Social Care

Hey Aurore21! Let's take a look at your lines. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.