cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts

Journeyman

Re: Essential Phone Not Receiving Texts

Yes, it's been really upsetting to see that they are now offering this phone for $5 a month. I feel like a fool.  I have no faith that what I was told about receiving a new phone is actually truth or that they will ever resolve the issue.

Journeyman js1
Journeyman

I contacted Sprint and talked with two representatives. They submitted a ticket with their back office team. I doubt anything will happen but I will be following up with them in 72 hours. I also reached out to Essential and let them know what's happening with their phone and Sprint. I doubt anything will happen there either but I'm going to keep at it until something happens!

Journeyman

Essential will at least respond but will likely say it's a network problem.

Journeyman

Maybe buy out lease, have Sprint unlock the phone and take it to another carrier may be an option?  .  

Journeyman js1
Journeyman

You're right - Essential said it is an issue with Sprint. Here is their response which includes a link to Sprint's Reddit page where they're posting updates. Toggling airplane mode on/off doesn't work for me but it was helpful to at least see Sprint responding at the below link.

"Thanks for writing in. We are sorry to hear you are having issues with texting on Sprint. We have determined that this is an issue on the Sprint network, and have made them aware that is is impacting Essential customers. Sprint is working to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, Sprint recommends toggling airplane mode on/off to receive any delayed texts.

You can follow any updates from Sprint on their Reddit page here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/7fvcpv/the_essential_phone_smsmms_issue_is_frustrating/

We apologize again for this inconvenience and hope to have a resolution from Sprint soon."

Journeyman

But this issue has been reported since September 2017.  It is now November and they still cannot figure out this issue?  So what do they do, knowing there is an issue with this phone and messaging --- let's lower the price of the Essential phone who cares about the potential customer impact its all about the sale.   I am just frustrated because I really love this phone.  I have an iPhone and a tablet on Sprint and I have no problems.  I moved my line from Verizon and got this phone with Sprint and I REGRET IT!!!  Smiley Mad

It is good therapy for me to release my frustrations Smiley Happy

GrandMaster

the OEM will always blame the carrier and vice versa. but keep in mind that if it were a true network issue it wouldnt be affecting just one type of device..all devices in that area would see this issue. so this is something the OEM and Sprint in this case are working on to find a fix.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It is not a network issue. My son and husband both have iPhones and at the present time, have been receiving all their texts and they are not receiving multiple texts as I am with the Essential phone. I am headed to the Sprint store where I purchased this phone. I hope to get some sort of resolution today. 

Journeyman

Something that I have not seen mentioned did work for me that I found in the menu. In the Essential Messages app, click on the 3 dots -> Settings -> Advanced -> Enhanced Features. In that menu, disable all the enhanced features and see if it fixed the duplicate messages issue.

Journeyman

Will this also work with Textra? I downloaded the app because I seen where some people we're having luck receiving texts with this app. Now I can't remember how to go back to the original text setting. Hahaha. Any help is appreciated 😁

GrandMaster

how to get back to the original texting app or ?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes. How do I get back to using the text that was installed in the phone?
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.