cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Text Messages Error 34????

Journeyman

Failed Text Messages Error 34????

For the third time in two weeks I'm randomly experiencing "failed" text messaging with an error code 34. Additionally I have noticed when driving and I transition from 3G to 4G if I am engaged in a phone call the call drops with "No Service Call Dropped". Ideas????

Tags (4)
18 REPLIES 18
Master

Re: Failed Text Messages Error 34????

ED1BOWEN57
We are sorry to hear about these issues! We would certainly like to take a look into this. Try rebooting your device. Also, what type of phone are you currently using? I would also like to take a look at the network in your area. What is your zip code and some nearby cross streets we can look up? Let us know!
-Patrick
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Yes I did reboot... updated prl... device is Samsung 4 Android Ver 4.3. Various location in the 68110 (16th and Pershing Drive) and 68123 (Hwy 75 and Capehart Road). My call drop consistently in the 68123 zip when transitioning from 3G to 4G or vise versa.

Journeyman

Please define "Error 34".

Journeyman

Any updates?

Master

ED1BOWEN57
Are you getting this error with every text, or is this intermittent? Try a profile update on the device as well http://bit.ly/1aIy7zr. Try sending a text to your own number and let me know if it comes back with the same error.
-Patrick
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Error 34 is intermittent... updated profile... text to self was successful.

Journeyman

This issue is not resolved.

Journeyman

Any updates?

Master

ED1BOWEN57,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the status of this issue. For further clarification, are you getting this error message when trying to send a text message while connected to an Airave?

DePaul W.
Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

No... happens on 3G 4G... and very random... what is the definition of "Error 34".

Master

ED1BOWEN57,

Thanks for replying. Error 34 basically occurs when a phone or tablet experience issues sending two-way text messages. Occasionally this error may occur intermittently depending on device radio reception. Most commonly this error is resolve when a device PRL, FIRMWARE, & device manufactures Software is up to date. In the event these are all up to date and the issue is chronic, we'd need to take you offline and open a ticket with our technical support group.

Thank You,

DePaul W.
Sprint Social Care Team 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.