cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Text Messages Error 34????

Journeyman

Re: Failed Text Messages Error 34????

Thanks... the phone sw/fw/prl are up to date. Symptoms seemed to have started after last software upgrade... additionally... the dropped calls are at very predictable locations in 68110 and 68123 and appear to be associated with the transition to and from 3G/4G. Are there any sw patches/upgrades scheduled?

Master

ED1BOWEN57,

Thanks for your zip code information. I’m not seeing any reported issues in either zip but I do see both areas are scheduled for upgrades to LTE in the next few months. As far as software updates go, you can check for any information about that at www.sprint.com/newsroom. I have gone ahead and pinpointed both locations so that our techs are aware of the issues that you are experiencing with dropped calls and error code 34.

*Liz
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

This problem has been going on for years. I have just activated my fourth android phone in two years. Every one of the started off the first few day unable to send text from my home. I have been through the exercises customer service puts you through. they don't help, they take up time and keep us busy not texting. I have been told, several times over the years that. "I see they are doing some upgrading on your tower in the area, it should be fixed in two days.yada yada yada. " Lies. it's not true. I called eight days in a row with the first phone. Funny how that upgrading was "just now" starting and would take two day[s each time I called." One Sprint rep told me that if two smartphones are in the same house, one will often get this code occasionally, and that is the most honest answer I have gotten. After the first few day, texting will work, occasionally. About once every seven to ten days, I get that code when texting from my house for about 24 hours. If I drive one block from my home, text work. I also get repeated text from others that duplicate up to repeatedly every 15 min for several days at times. I have called, tried to get answers, and searched the web to find this has been an issue for nearly four years for Sprint, yet, nothing is seriously being done to fix this issue. I ve read the blogs, tried the various solutions or fixes and none of them work. Working from my home office is rather difficult when I have to get in my car and drive out of my neighborhood and conduct business in my car on the days this happens. Precisely why we are letting our contracts run out and switching providers, to one that doesn't make it next to impossible to speak to a live person and get real solutions and not scripted exercises, lousy and false reason of tower upgrades, and "Fixes" that just take up time and do not solve the problem. It's as if Sprint has a Motto of have them jump through hoops,take up a lot of chat or phone time and apologize when the customer becomes frustrated and wants to end the conversation. Save us the phony concern and do something about it.  Get it together Sprint. Its this kind of crap that is costing you customers. 

Journeyman

Airwave doesnt solve the problem either, went through buying new routers from Sprint, and had three airwaves sent and returned. Again, making us jump through hoops while the time passes until we can text for a day or two isnt helping. I find it hard to take customer service as genuine when the reply seen from these issues that have been going on for nearly four years is. "thanks for updating us so we can find a solution. Funny thing, the solutions are not being sought by Sprint. Read the archived blogs. its the same complaints, same replies as far back as they go.

Show us you actually give a damn Sprint.

Master

EDGGLEASON01:

I’m a “textaholic” and absolutely understand your trepidation at not being able to text.  I’d be happy to do a bit of digging to see if together we can get this ironed out for you. Please provide all of the following, zip code, two cross streets, type of device, software version on device, how it set under Network Settings (CDMA, Auto or LT) and if rooted or jailbroken.  Alos, please let me knowif you are connecting to an Airave. 

Jon H.Soprint Socila Care Team

Master

Hello EDGGLEASON01,

Thanks for posting with us. I'm sorry to hear of your service issues and our apologies for the delayed response.

Are you still experiencing this kind of problem? Please let us know and we'll continue to help. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Hey EDGGLEASON01,

Thanks for posting with us. I'm sorry to hear of your service issues and our apologies for the delayed response.

Are you still having these sort of issues? Please let us know and we'll continue to help. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.