cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Locator

Highlighted
Journeyman

Family Locator

Is there any way possible to turn off the text message for Sprint Family Locator?  My kid does not need to know that phone was put on the Locator.  So I don't want the text message sent to it.  Anyone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Family Locator

Send me a private message with the number the text comes from and I can go in our system and block it for you.

Hope this helps

Jeff Bratcher

Wizard

It's my understanding that if you block texts, SFL will not work.  We are required to do at least the periodic notifications.

Account owners are able to manage child notifications as follows: Within Sprint Family Locator, go to manage account > child notifications.  Options are (1) to notify with every locate or (2) occasional reminders.  One of these options must be chosen.  For security reasons we are legally required to send, at minimum, random notifications to each device on the Family Locator account that it can be located using Sprint Family Locator.  Phones not on the Sprint account receive a text message every time they are located.

Journeyman

Plz help me with this as well
Journeyman

Plz help me with this
Sprint Social Care

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please take a look at this article about why we send SMS notifications. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Would lone for you to do that
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.