cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery crashing even AFTER factory reset!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gallery crashing even AFTER factory reset!

I just went through this whole proccess of backing up and resetting and restoring my phone, only to have the gallery app freeze up even more than it already does!!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

acooke88

This is unsettling news that your Gallery App is not working correctly, even after a factory reset. What device are you using? Have you checked for any updates for the device; software, firmware? How long has this been happening? Does the gallery work without the pictures being restored? Let me know the details, I want to find out what’s going on.

Thanks

David S.

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, this is a long overdue response, but it turns out my memory card was corrupted. I had to take it out, put it into my computer, save all my photos on to my computer, format my card, then put the pictures I wanted to keep back on it. I had to do this two times so far, but at least now I know what to do when I have that problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope that would work. I have the same problem. My gallery freezes and give stops all the time, specifically in the camera file. I have tried everything. Delete cache, cookies, force stop, cleared everything, battery out, factory reset, and finally trying to find some way to fix this. My only question about what you did is how did you reformatt your gallery once you plugged it to the computer?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Reformat the card*

Highlighted
Journeyman

I reformatted the memory card itself. Put the memory card into my laptop and saved as much off of it that I could onto my computer and reformatted the card. Then I saved the stuff I was able to back onto the memory card and put it back into my phone

Highlighted
Master

Greetings! I’m sorry to hear of the troubles you had with your memory card. Where you able to recover most of your pictures? Thank you to the others who provided useful information for you. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

*Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.