Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Now disabled

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Now disabled

I have a samsung galaxy note II.  I noticed that when I go through the settings of the google now widget it states, "Google Now is turned off for your domain. Your admin may be able to turn it on". I called Sprint IT and they had never heard of such a problem, they had me do a factory reset of my phone, which did not help.  The Sprint empolyee then called Samsung while I was on the line.  We were told by Samsung that because it was an Android issue, that we would have to call Google.  We attempted that, but google was closed.  I was told to call google on my own when they are open, but I'm pretty sure Google isn't going to provide me any support.  I was wondering if anyone here knew what the problem could possibly be. 

Notes:
Settings->Locatoin Services->all three options are checked (use wireless networks, Use GPS satellites, Location and Google search)

Android Version 4.1.1

Google Search Version 2.2.10.546669

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Google Now disabled

When you are looking at the Google Now settings, under Privacy and Accounts, what email address do you see?  If it is your work email, this is probably the issue.  You can talk to your IT and see if they know how to unblock this app through their admin console.

Let me know what you find.

*Shannon

Social Care

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Hormel09

Thank you for your post. I haven't heard of this issue before but would be happy to help figure out what's going on.

My first though is this may be some kind of IT policy that is restricting the application. Is you phone connected to an enterprise server of any kind? Are you connected to a Microsoft Exchange email server for work email? Is there any other enterprise or work program that is running such as a VPN client?

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

According to the Sprint IT, there were no restrictions placed on my phone by the main account (I'm an extra line to a family plan).  This is a personal plan- i.e not provided by buisness.  I was connected to a MS Exchange server. I'm pretty sure the problem existed before I added the MS Exchange server account.  I can't say for sure. I have since performed a factory reset.  The MS Exchange is no longer linked to my phone, and the problem still exist. Should I have my MS Exchange admin delete my device from his system as well?  I have not downloaded any other program related to my work. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

When you are looking at the Google Now settings, under Privacy and Accounts, what email address do you see?  If it is your work email, this is probably the issue.  You can talk to your IT and see if they know how to unblock this app through their admin console.

Let me know what you find.

*Shannon

Social Care

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.