cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Direct Billing pointing to the wrong carrier

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Play Direct Billing pointing to the wrong carrier

Hi all!  I'm having a super weird issue - when I attempt to add direct billing as a payment method in Google Play, it shows 'Verizon Wireless' instead!  I tap it, and naturally it does not work (the verification text bounces).  I contacted Google, who walked me through clearing cache - that did not work.  Google directed me to Sprint, which I spoke to via live chat, who told me to speak to Google.  So I'm hoping one of you all might be able to help me out!  Ideas on how to get Google to stop thinking I'm on Verizon?

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello @emiikins, we would like to check if your account is set up correctly. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you at your earliest convenience.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I am having the same issue. Verizon Wireless showing as billing option in Goog Play Store instead of Sprint.

Please help.

Highlighted

Good morning @lkruger85, thank you so much for reaching out to us. Let's take a look into that. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Hi!

I hope Sprint will be able to help you!!  I got passed back and forth between Sprint and Google for a while, and I have been working with Google for some weeks now, still trying to isolate the issue.  Best of luck to you!!  If Google figures it out, I'll come back and leave a comment with the solution.

Highlighted

Thats whats happening to me now. Google says it Sprint or Samsung and Sprint first told me it's Google. A Sprint rep is working with me too, so if there are any developments I'll post here too.

Thanks!!

Highlighted

for all of you. were your devices purchased from Sprint or were they part of the BYOD and came from Verizon?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Purchased from Sprint back in 2016.

After some troubleshooting, the Verizon option has disappeared and now there is no direct bill option at all. I'm still working with Sprint in my PMs.

Highlighted

Direct from Sprint in 2016, a 2 for 1 deal when I switched carriers.

Highlighted

weird.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have this exact same issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My progress for those interested:

Thus far I have done the following:

- Google:

-- Cleared data and cache on Google Play Store & Services

-- Got told to contact Sprint

- Sprint:

-- Confirmed my account is able to do direct billing

-- Got told to contact Google

- Google:

-- Cleared data and cache on Google Play Store & Services

-- Removed my Google account from the phone and re-added it

-- Took screenshots to show that my billing prompt displays Verizon Wireless, and to show that I am connected to the sprint network, not Verizon (no secondary SIM card)

-- Factory reset phone and added Google account again (forgot to back up, lost my photos - my fault.)

-- Pulled a bug report from phone when recreating the issue, sent it to Google tech assigned to my ticket.  (This was on Feb. 20th)  Have not heard from them since.

Two months at this point.  Ridiculous.  Considering upgrading my phone just to see if that fixes the issue.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.