cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice Integration - text message issues

Journeyman

Google Voice Integration - text message issues

Hi there,

I have read through several forums and also contacted sprint directly several times and have not gotten any straightforward answers on how to successfully integrate my Galaxy S7 with Google Voice. I use my GV number for both voicemail and text messages and would like to continue to have both of these capabilities.

I have done the *73 solution to have my voicemail forwarded to GV. However, I am still not able to integrate my sprint phone with Google voice. Are there any current solutions or updates to this problem? I have no issues with my bill and have had my S7 for over 3 months.

Thanks,

Amie

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: Google Voice Integration - text message issues

Hello amd82, thank you for contacting us. We would like to look into this.

When you try to set up Google Voice, what happens, do you get any error messages?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Sprint Social Care

amd82

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Click here and send me a Private Message. Please include your phone number and security PIN so I can address your concern.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks! The error message that I get is:

Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled.

Journeyman

I just PMed you with this info.

Sprint Social Care

amd82

I received your message. We'll continue this conversation offline so we can protect your privacy.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Great. Thanks so much!

Sprint Social Care

amd82

You are very welcome. Keep us posted if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

are you by chance also using wifi calling? if memory serves you cant use both GV and wifi calling at the same time.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

fireguy_6364

You are right! You can't use Wi-Fi calling and Google Voice at the same time.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

figured it might be a possibility of what they are seeing...if not no loss.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.