cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice / Sprint Integration for new 'Unlimited, My Way' & 'My All-In' Plans

Journeyman

Re: Google Voice / Sprint Integration for new 'Unlimited, My Way' & 'My All-In' Plans

Has this issue been resolved, yet?  I'm anxious to switch over to the new Sprint plans, but am a daily user of GV and don't want to switch until the integration issues have been resolved.  Some people are saying it's resolved and others are saying it isn't.  The discussion, here, seems to have gone cold.  Any new news?

Journeyman

Re: Google Voice / Sprint Integration for new 'Unlimited, My Way' & 'My All-In' Plans

I was just about to upgrade my phones and plan, with the Samsung s4 bogo free promotion... But when i saw " removed  Google Voice  (This isn't compatible with your new plan.)"  It looks like im going to head over to ATT now.

Anyone that wants to use Data should really look at ATT.  I have had one of their hotspots for over 6 months now and it surprises me how many places i have 4glte where Sprint has only had minimum cell phone coverage.  My current phone is old, I find this two year wait for upgrades simply too long.  But Sprint did fool me and I signed up 1 month late when Sprint remove the ability to upgrade the primary phone yearly. Two year old phone that hasn't had been sent one update in a year from sprint... Means 1 year of issues!!!!

Granted I'm sure many of my cellphone issues could have been solved from the INFINITE wisdom of the Sprint techs statement " Wipe and reinstall the applications you need. "

Journeyman

Do I need to cancel my change?  I noticed it said Removed Google Voice and I really don't want to lose that integration.  Been over a month since this post so I hope the issue has been resolved.

Journeyman

It works.  But, I followed some detailed instructions that I found on another forum.  Basically, the instructions from another poster were to get online (through your computer, not smartphone) and disable the google voice/sprint integration.  I did that and waited the 15 minutes the site says that it may take for changes to be complete.  Simultaneously, I uninstalled the google voice app from my phones (personal phone and work phone). Restarted the phones.  Then, I switched from my old Everything Data Sprint plan to the new My Way Sprint plan.  I still got that same message you got: "Removed Google Voice."  I proceeded.  After I switched plans, I then went back to my Google Voice (GV) account online (through the computer) and reintegrated GV and Sprint.  Then, I reinstalled the GV apps, signed in, and have been humming ever since.  

Journeyman

I have an old plan and am unable to integrate Google Voice with my Sprint #.  Can you help?

Wizard

sheri_edwards -

Thank you for reaching out. When you try to integrate Google Voice, are you getting an error? If so, what does the error say?

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I'm trying to integrate my Sprint MDN with Google Voice.  I get through the initial process and set up my voicemail.  It then gives me an error that I am unable to integrate google voice with this number.  I chatted with a rep at sprint.com and he said it was because I have a discount on my account.  It worked three weeks ago, I then deactivated the service.  It no longer works.

Wizard

sheri_edwards -

Thank you for the update. To clarify, having a discount on your account will not hinder your ability to integrate your number with Google Voice.

To clarify, you are not on one of the new plans, correct? You stated previously that you were on an older plan. I just want to verify. I can look to verify that when you deactivated service, it was completely removed from your account. Can you please send me a PM with your number and PIN or Security Question/Answer?

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I've been using google voice fully integrated since my first evo 4g.  I upgraded to the evo 4g LTE when it released and continued to use google voice on the simply everything 450 plan.  Up until a few weeks ago when my phone suddenly stopped receiving phone calls.  If I disable google voice I can get my phone to ring but if I re-enable it suddenly I'm back to not getting phone calls.  Callers hear the line ring 5-6 times and then voicemail picks up.  I have talked to sprint technical support and got nowhere, I went to a sprint store and was told "Well you don't pay for google voice it's just a bonus feature", and I've had the phone replaced under best buys service plan.  I'm feeling pretty unhappy with Sprint right now.  I use many of the features provided by google voice and the full integration with Sprint is one of the very few and rapidly dwindling reasons I've stayed with Sprint.  I'm hoping you can help Kiki_011

Wizard

llbox -

Thank you for your post. I will certainly do everything within my power to get this fixed for you. When your calls stopped coming in, did anything change on your account? Did you add any restrictions or number blocks? Were you placed on Seasonal Standby? Have you verified all settings for Google Voice have not changed? I want to look at all options to ensure we find the resolution for you.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

So far I see no help being offered to those of us that have been notified that:
Your Sprint-Google Voice integration has been disabled

Is there anyone that has been able to re-activate after this had happened???

I'm sure you've read some of the complaints, but the biggest one I have is that I specifically asked a sprint representative if my Google Voice account would be affected before we headed to Europe for a few weeks, and he said "No"... Everything would remain unaffected. (...and seeing what other people have written about on this subject, I see that this representative - and the dozen or so I've spoken with since then - are clueless, if they even know what Google Voice is, (most don't), and none of them have any idea about how it works or what to do - yet they all offer me differing solutions that all dead-end in wasted time and effort!)

I changed my phone to a 'seasonal standby' while we were going to be in Europe, and I added international calling to my wife's phone - and within a day, we received the message from Google (above).

Most frustrating is that I have no option to re-acctivate the GV accounts now? The options aren't in the Google accounts anymore and it seems that NOBODY knows how to fix this!

I have been with Sprint for over 10 years, and I can tell you that it's going to be my last if something isn't done to start taking responsibility for all the 'bad advice' and 'bad service' issues we've received lately!

--Stephen

Journeyman

Kiki no, I hadn't changed anything on either account (sprint/google voice).  I have double and triple checked google voice settings to ensure that I don't have any settings on that would block calls from coming in.  As a test I tried enabling do not disturb.  When I have that enabled callers only hear 1 ring before being greeted by the voicemail.  I turned it back off and they went back to hearing 5-6 rings before voicemail picked up.  I checked for any blocked numbers and none that I tried calling from have been blocked.  I do have the spam filter enabled but that has been enabled since day 1.

***Edit 11/11/13***

I added another phone to my google voice account and tried calling my number.  The phone that was added to the account (an AT&T phone) rang with no delay or difficulty but my phone remained silent.

I have never used seasonal standby and my account has always been in good standing with Sprint.

Thank you for your help.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.