cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice / Sprint Integration for new 'Unlimited, My Way' & 'My All-In' Plans

Wizard

Re: Google Voice / Sprint Integration for new 'Unlimited, My Way' & 'My All-In' Plans

IIbox -

Thank you for the update. That is really odd. Let me take a look at your account to see if there is anything that is affecting this. Can you please PM me your number and PIN or Security Question/Answer? Also, can you tell me if you have contacted Google and if they have provided you with any troubleshooting steps? I just need to know so I don't have you repeat anything.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Re: Google Voice / Sprint Integration for new 'Unlimited, My Way' & 'My All-In' Plans

Why is this so Difficult to fix? it worked before

Wizard

BigUnit73 -

The integration with the new plans has been corrected. What are you experiencing when you try to integrate Google Voice? Let's see what we can do to get you back up and running.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hello, I was able to integrate with google voice (by integrate, I do mean use my sprint # as my google #) by removing blocked numbers in voice and text preferences. My question is will integration break if I were to add them back? I'm guessing I shouldn't have to do that but I'm lazy and don't want to set up the blocks at the google voice level.  Thanks.

Journeyman

Hi Kitty,

I am still having issues with google voice/sprint integration. I have went into my google voice account and disabled it few times and re-enabled it but the same outcome. Actually all 4 lines on my account is having the same issue.

Sprint online account seems to think it is integrated with google voice and my google voice account also states Google Voice Enabled.

When enabling the integration, i select Option 2: Use your Google Voice number on your Sprint phone. which should make my out going calls to show my google voice number. This is how it was working before i join this family plan.

How can I get my out going calls/text to show my google voice number?

thanks,
Ketan

Master

kdn103Sprint, 

Thank you for responding. Now after you chose the option 2 and enabled your Google Voice number. Did you do a phone restart to accept the changes?  Also try doing a data profile update as well.  Please let us know if this helped. 

Thank you, 

Anthony 

Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Hi Anthony,

I have done both multiple times and out going number still shows my sprint number.

Thanks.

Master

kdn103Sprint, 

That is odd why it would still be showing your Sprint number and not your Google Voice number. What device do you have? Have you also tried reaching out to Google about this issue? Please let us know. 

Thank you, 

Anthony 

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I see that GV integration on the new plans has been going on for over a year now.

I just recently switched plans and am now having the same issue.

How do I get my google voice number and my spring phone connected again?

I need an answer quickly.

Robert

Master

TexasCHL, there's a difference between the Caller-ID display issue and the problem that occurs after a price plan change. If you lost GV integration after changing your price plan, it's pretty easy to get back, but it does require a little bit of effort on your part.  Make sure you listen to all voice mails, clear all texts, etc. before you take these steps.

First you'll want to separate your Sprint phone number from your GV account by following these steps:

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/1207078?hl=en

Then you'll want to re-enable it for Sprint by following these steps:

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/1207074?hl=en

Doing this will trigger Google to tell our billing system that your phone is authorized to make calls on the GV number.  If this doesn't solve the integration problem, let us know.

As for the CallerID issue, we've gotten word that Google has a fix pending very shortly.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.