cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice: Using My Sprint # as GV#, but I want to use Sprint VoiceMail?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Voice: Using My Sprint # as GV#, but I want to use Sprint VoiceMail?

Recently i signed up with Google Voice, using my current sprint phone number as my google voice number.  I like all the features google voice offers except one,  I dont need or want to use Google Voicemail.  I like receiving my voicemail through Sprints Voicemail.

Is there a way I can still keep Google Voice active, but switch the voicemail options to use the carriers (Sprint) and not Google VoiceMail?

Thanks,

LB

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Employee

Re: Google Voice: Using My Sprint # as GV#, but I want to use Sprint VoiceMail?

I'm not sure of a way when using full integration, which features do you use in Google voice?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

i like the online features for seeing texts online (free), ability to do "do not disturb" (free), voicemail transcripts (free), the fowarding options, and the various call options for different contacts.

I thought it may have something to do with the Conditional call fowarding settings?

Sprint Employee

Since you have integrated your sprint number into the Google voice account many of the network settings are based on a preset configuration, which phone do you use?

Journeyman

SGIII

Journeyman

Do you think this is possible to change these preset configuration settings?

Sprint Employee

I cannot find a way to use Sprint's visual voicemail with Google voice, while it's integrated with your sprint phone number. the only way to use sprint's voicemail, and still use google voice, would leave you without the ability to manage unwanted callers through google voice. You should consider that not using Google voice for voicemail will limit you to only one outgoing message, limit the transcription delivery options, and keep you from seeing calls/voicemail online.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.