cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice not compatible with new plans.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Voice not compatible with new plans.

I initiated a chat with a representative today to get my account changed over to the new $60 unlimited everything plan. I was told during the process that they would have to disable my Google voice service in order to continue, but I was assured that they would turn it back on after the plan had been switched. When I didn't see it on my account after the plan changed I opened another chat and was informed by the new agent that Google voice wasn't compatible with the new plan and that he was not able to turn it on. Google voice integration was one of the reasons I liked sprint, but now I am not able to use it. Why was it decided to not include this simple service on the new plans? Is there any plans to change this policy? Is there anything that can be done to get Google voice back that doesn't involve going back to an outdated plan that was charging me $20 more a month for less service?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Google Voice not compatible with new plans.

DracoArcanis

I want for you to like us again! It used to be that when you signed up for Google Voice, a code was added to your account, but this caused logistical issues-so we don't have that process anymore. It shouldn't matter if the code is on the account or not to have the service work. So, did Google Voice stop working? If so, go to www.google.com/voice and make sure that it's activated. Let me know if you have any additional issues and I'll do my best to find additional information.

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you Robin. I was worried when the second support individual told me it wouldn't work anymore on the new plan. It was listed as active on the google voice site but it was working. I went ahead and disabled it and went through the process of activating it again and it now seems to be working. Thank you for your help.

Master

DracoArcanis

That's great news! It's my pleasure to help. Take care and have a great weekend!

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.