cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice with a corporate discount

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Voice with a corporate discount

I've been happily using my phone integrated with Google Voice for many months now, but I recently signed up for a corporate discount offered through my company.  Not only did I have to sign a new 2 year contract, but now I also lost the ability to use Google Voice integration!  What gives?  I am personally responsible for my bill, the discount applies because Sprint wants to sell phones to as many of our 23,000 employees as possible.  Why would that make Google Voice not work?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Google Voice with a corporate discount

On your sprint account under plan add-ons is Google Voice there?

Journeyman

No, it's not.  Should it be?

Journeyman

Any of these apply to you?

From http://support.google.com/voice/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs

Please note that Google Voice on Sprint is not available for the following types of users:

• Users who are behind on their phone bill. Please check with Sprint to remedy this.
  • Users who have a corporate number or landline number. Currently, we don't offer the ability to integrate corporate or landline phone numbers.
  • Users who are not using a Sprint-branded mobile phone. Nextel, PowerSource, corporate, and pre-paid phones are not compatible with Google Voice.
  • Users who tried to sign up during a time when we were in a 'maintenance window'. Please try again in 24 hours. If you try again and are still unable to integrate your number, it is likely because of the previously mentioned reasons.
  • Call tones (a feature that plays a customized sound or music when a particular caller reaches your Sprint number) is enabled. Please contact Sprint Customer Support to remove this feature, as it should make your account eligible provided you do not also meet other criteria for ineligibility.
  • Call blocking (a feature that blocks unknown or private numbers from reaching your Sprint number) is enabled on your phone. If you have this feature enabled (contact Sprint Customer Support to check if this is the case), contact Sprint Customer Care to remove this feature if you wish to use Google Voice on Sprint. Please note that Google Voice provides call blocking and call screening services that could address your concerns in the same way that Sprint's call blocking does. Learn More.
  • Users whose accounts are on seasonal standby. Customers who have placed their account on a seasonal standby hold are not able to integrate until it has been removed
  • Users who have a phone reported as lost or stolen. You will not be able to integrate until it’s no longer marked as such. Please contact Sprint Customer Care.

Sprint is working to address an issue in which customer accounts with a "public sector" or "government" discount (i.e. teacher, firemen, military, government agency, etc.) are considered ineligible. If this best describes you and you pay for and are responsible for your own bill, Sprint hopes to make Google Voice on Sprint available for you in the future.

We will post any relevant updates on this page, and greatly appreciate your patience.

Journeyman

The "corporate number" one is the only possibility.  Everything worked fine until I added my corporate *discount*.  Note that this is not a company-paid phone.  I pay the charges, Sprint offers a discount to entice our employees to use their service.  Would that turn this into a "corporate number"? 

Journeyman

I think that is the glitch. But I have no idea how to get around it.

How did you lose the integration? Perhaps you just need to signup again with Google.

ScottSEw wrote:

No, it's not.  Should it be?

Google Voice voice has to be added to your sprint account and to have that done just by calling sprint customer service.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.