cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice...

Highlighted
Patron

Google Voice...

Have my BlackBerry Torch and just purchased a Nexus 7 tablet.  I'd love to have these two talk to each other.

Asked around for an application that would make it so when a text comes to my BB, it would go to my Nexus 7 when I using it so I wouldn't have to reach for my phone.  Apparently there is an application that can do that...but is not BlackBerry compatible.  Nuts!

Then I thought, perhaps Google Voice for Sprint.  Woo!  After viewing the videos and reading up on it, I'm still a little confused.  Will it work the way I want it, basically for the texts from my phone to appear on the tablet when I'm on it because I rely a lot on texts for work?  Supposedly, if I port my number to GV I have to get a new Sprint number and such, so that way is out.  Can I still use my number without porting to gain the benefits of what I want?  Or do I have to get a GV number from Google and then link that to my Sprint service?

Confused.  Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Google Voice...

So what you're looking for is pretty tough to accomplish.  The only way I see it working is if you use a google voice number for text messages, then you can make it show up on both your phone and tab because you linked the GV number to both devices.  That was what I could find on support.google.com/voice.

*Alex

Patron

Yeah, actually trying that out right now.  Using my Sprint number as my Google number.  Now crap is going to my phone, tablet, and computer because texts go to the tablet and phone and are archived in GMail unless you turn that off and even voicemails are archived in GMail and Voice.  Holy stuff!  Too many options, kinda annoying.  So...how does one, if they so choose, turn the whole thing off and not have their Sprint number linked to Voice anymore?  You never know, could lead to that.  Any clue?

Wizard

Here are the steps to disable GVoice:

http://support.google.com/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1207078

Disabling Google Voice on Sprint

To disable Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone, follow the steps below based on the type of account you have.

Please click the link that describes your account:

I have Sprint: Option 1

1. Sign into your Google Voice account and go to your settings.
  2. Click the Phones tab.
  3. You will see your Sprint mobile number followed by the text 'enabled by Sprint.' Click Disable next to your Sprint mobile number.

Disabling your Sprint mobile number will remove it from your Google Voice account. Your voicemail and text messages will still be available in your inbox. Keep in mind that when you disable Google Voice, you'll have to record a new Sprint voicemail greeting.
  I have Sprint: Option 2 
  1. Sign into your Google Voice account and go to your settings.
  2. Click the Phones tab.
  3. Click Disable Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone next to your Sprint mobile number.

Disabling your Sprint mobile number will remove it from your Google Voice account. Your voicemail and text messages will still be available in your inbox. Keep in mind that when you disable Google Voice, you'll have to record a new Sprint voicemail greeting.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.