cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google voice call issues

Journeyman

Google voice call issues

How do you get support when using Sprint + Google voice with the Google voice integration?  You call Sprint and they claim to support Google voice unless you have an issue, if you have an issue they claim "Sorry we don't support it and you'll have to contact Google"

I have two issues,

1) outgoing calls take 20 seconds or more for the call setup to complete (before you hear the ringing of the phone you are calling)

2) incoming calls, I can hear the caller but they cannot hear me, this even happens if I allow the call to go to voice mail, if the caller speaks it'll get recorded in the voice mail message but the caller won't hear the outgoing message

with regards to the incoming calls I have not been able to identify a pattern of what calls fail by provider, for example I have one caller coming from VZ mobile, his call always fails, however another person calling from VZ mobile works fine.  another caller coming from VZ-FiOS fails, but a call from my home which is VZ-FiOS works fine.

If I disable Google voice from my account everything seems to work correctly but of course I loose all the features that GV offers.

It would be nice if Sprint actually took ownership of the problem and worked it through their partner, Google instead of saying, "sorry yes we support the feature unless it doesn't work, then if it doesn't work you are on your own."

-TL

11 REPLIES 11
Wizard

Re: Google voice call issues

That is a tough one. I dont even know what to tell you. If it was happening to me, Google's Google Voice forums would prob be the only help.

Besides of course toggling the Google Voice integration on/off and deleting Google Voice app off phone if you have it. Then reinstalling it.. im surr that wont resolve it though.

Journeyman

Been there, done that.

Disabled and re-enabled GV multiple times, left it disabled for several days then re-enabled it, the problem always comes back, sometimes immediately other times it takes a day.

Master

Time-Lord,

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with Google voice.  I'd like to see what I can do to help.  Are you by any chance fielding any of these calls while using an airave/signal booster?  What device are you using?  Are you noticing a large delay between the time someone leaves a message and the time you are notified that a Voicemail has been received?

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

No airrave or signal booster is being used, the problem happens with some callers consistently regardless of where I am and some callers never have an issue.   

The phone being used is a Samsung Galaxy S3, however I am positive it is not a problem with the device   The reason I say this is because if I allow the call to go to voicemail the caller will not hear the outgoing VM greeting however if the caller talks the VM system will record the message normally.

There is no delay that I've noticed between receiving a VM and getting the alert, nor any issues receiving (or sending) SMS messages.

-TL

Master

Time-Lord

I am following up with you to see if you are still experiencing issues with GV. Please let us know if you still need assistance with this matter.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

As of right now it appears to be working correctly, however nobody seems to be able to tell me if something has changed on the backend or if its simply a fluke and the problem will return in a few days.

Right now outgoing calls are taking <5 seconds for the call setup, they were taking 15+ seconds and I haven't had a problem since Friday with an incoming call.

Master

Time-Lord,

Thanks for the post. Is this still an issue for you? Please let me know if this is still happening so I can assist.

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

I'm working with Sprint escalations on the issue, right now incoming calls seem to be working, although nobody seems to be able to identify if anything was done or not.  Outgoing calls still take 20 seconds or so just to complete the call setup.

Master

Time-Lord,

Thank you for this information. I am glad to hear you are working with our escalations team. They will be able to assist.

Thank you

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

I can correct much of this problem. Please refer to my posts Wifi calling router connection + Wifi calling router connection 2. To find this go to discussions/network. These post detail how I resolved most of my wifi calling issues! Good Luck

Master

RDK927 - Thank you for the post and link. Happy Connecting. - Kenneisha
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.