cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google voice woes

Journeyman

Re: Google voice woes

You do realize that the GV app is NOT required when using the Sprint/GV integration right?

Based upon what I've been able to find out it appears as if Sprint and Google have their systems out of sync for my phone number, of course there is no way Sprint would ever admit such a thing, I believe I have figured out how to resync the accounts by resetting my integration settings via a certain sequence.  I'll know in a couple of days.

Of course Sprint is no help because they can't see past the nose on their face even though when calling via the cell system or wi-fi calling the calls are still terminated on the Sprint network and then forwarded to GV.

-TL

Master

Time-Lord,
Thank you for contributing to this discussion.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Its a shame Sprint couldn't come up with some troubleshooting steps to solve the problem that so far appears to have been a problem between both Sprint and GV causing their systems to be out of sync.

Sprint instead refused to acknowledge that there may actually be a problem with the communications between them and GV and simply pushed the problem away.

Great customer service Sprint!

-TL

Master

Time-Lord, We've reported this issue to our Network Team, and are currently working on a fix. Thank you for your patience. - Nic
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Amazing, you (Sprint) are working on a fix for a problem that I was told flat out wasn't a Sprint problem.  Also in order to fix a problem you need to understand what the problem was, and obviously Sprint doesn't know what the problem was so how can you fix it?

In other words I'm being given the company line "thanks for reporting the problem, we'll look into fixing it" while in the background the trouble report is simply tossed into the circular file.

-TL

Master

Time-Lord - Thank you for posting I can definitely understand your frustration in regards to this issue. I would strongly recommend contacting Google in regards to this mater. They will be able to better assist you. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Does Sprint just post pre-canned messages to threads, I have one SprintCare rep forwarding the information to the network team I've got others saying sorry we aren't gong to help, this is really getting comical.

So far I think I've resolved the problem (SprintCare read the previous messages for a clue as to what it is) and Sprintcare is still saying we have no clue what to do.

Amazing support structure you have Sprint!

-TL

Master

Time-Lord

I know this is frustrating but we are doing our best to help with your issue. We can forward the information to our network team, but this definitely does not sound like a network problem. We can make them aware so they can look into this but still can't guarantee that is what the issue is. We do have a list of known issue with Sprint and google voice with resolutions, but I am not seeing any of your listed problems on the list so we do not have any trouble shooting for them. You can check out - www.google.com/support/voice for a list of known issues with google, and a way to contact them for more information. We provide the cell service, but we do not provide the google voice service; this is a 3d party service that is optional and we do not have much support for it. I apologize for how difficult this is for you. Hopefully you will be able to find a resolution.

- Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Melyssa,

What you are missing is the fact that I have identified the problem and have figured out a way to resolve the issue.  If you read through the previous messages which you have obviously failed to do you would see I commented on the fact that Sprint was out of sync with GV and the relationship needed to be reset.

You and the reset of the the "Sprint Social Care" team are incapable of supplying constructive assistance and simply say "Sorry we can't help" even when Sprint was part of the problem.

-TL

Master

Time-Lord

We truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Lavauna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Time-Lord, how did you fix this? I have the same issue. I use google voice over wifi to compensate for poor coverage from Sprint, but I have lots of trouble placing calls and receiving call where the connection is just silent and echos for me or the person calling me. There's nothing on the Google voice issue list that Sprint referred to you earlier in this thread. It definitely seems like an integration glitch. I've seen it across multiple handsets (Galaxy S2 and S4 and Android versions).

Master

salt_the_fries -Thank you posting. How can we help you? We're here to help. -Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.