cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Service

Journeyman

Horrible Service

Me and my family have been loyal customers of sprint for as long I can remember I think my parents 20 years almost, and for the past few years we have noticed increasing problems and degrading quality of service. We are very close to just paying the cancellation fee and saying good bye, quite frequently our phones don't ring and we simply get a notification that we had missed a call, and the LTE service is god awful, I have service at our house 4 bars consistently and yet working outside in the yard, my connection goes from LTE to 3G to 1x in a matter of seconds and then outright refuses to have any data connection. It makes no **bleep** sense and even then most of the time it takes the LTE 10+ seconds to load a basic web page like google for gods sake. Our phones also clearly misreport what type of connection we have because there have been times where it lists LTE and says no internet connection or takes 10+ seconds to load simple things and other I have 1x but is faster than LTE. Also the bars of service on all our phones seem way off, like I'll have 4 bars and 1x, and also 1 bar but LTE it makes no sense. Very unhappy with the service, I have called sprint customer service and they simply tell me to download the app and run diagnostics, which reports no problems every time I have ran it, getting really sick of this, and have had no real help outside of run diagnostics and you may be outside of coverage area, which I have checked coverage maps and we are in the coverage area. If I found out that we aren't in coverage area obviously cancelling our service.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Horrible Service

After looking at other topics I see the techs requesting info:

iphone 7

zip: 12027

issues are not relegated to indoors or outdoors it's everywhere

Journeyman

After looking at other topics I see the techs requesting info:

iphone 7

zip: 12027

issues are not relegated to indoors or outdoors it's everywhere

Software on iPhone is up to date

im not even sure these replies are posting, extremely unhappy

Sprint Social Care

Hello @Ian5,

Thanks for the information provided. I totally understand how you feel, can you also provide us the address where the issue persists? That way we can have an accurate search of the area. Also, have you done any troubleshooting steps?

Journeyman

42 Woodside Dr, but this happens literally anywhere I use the phone it's not just at home, but obviously a significant portion of time is spent at home, yes I've tried factory resetting phone, tried resetting network settings, have updated carrier setting, hard resets etc. everything your tier 1 techs tell me to do

Sprint Social Care

Ian5,

Upon reviewing the coverage in your area, we've determined that there was an open service alert for LTE from May 22nd to May 23rd. However, as it's already closed and is working as expected, we would like to try some new troubleshooting steps and see if it improves the data connection on your device.

Please follow these steps and after that let me know the outcome of it.

1. Tap Phone icon.
  2. Tap Key Pad if necessary.
  3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon.
  4. When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.
    1. When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK.
    2. The Radio will reset.
    • When Sprint displays in the top left corner, the iPhone update has completed
Journeyman

I did the service reset, the notifications appeared but nothing else happened and the radio didn't disappear and come back

Sprint Social Care

@Ian5,

So basically, you weren't able to use your data connection? If not, I would like to access your account and further investigate this matter. Please check your inbox, I will be sending you a private message.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.