cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible network

Journeyman

Horrible network

At the beginning of the month clients, friends and family were telling me they called. However, I had no missed call notifications. I would get VM notifications if a message was left. 

Called support. They denied any between issues and convinced me it was my phone. I did an upgrade. Three weeks later still the same issues but now I also have zero internet connection unless I’m on WiFi. I have called support and bee to the store so many times. 

I cannot continue doing this everyday. What can be done to solve this? I run two businesses. My phone working is not optional. 

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care

Re: Horrible network

Hello Denise! I'll be happy to look into this for you.

A few questions so I can better understand what's going on: Are you able to make calls? When people call you, have they told you if the call is ringing before reaching voicemail or is it going straight to the voicemail?

Regarding your internet: are you getting any data connection on your phone or does it show no data at all?

Please post your nearest cross streets and ZIP code as well, so I can review the coverage in the area.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Calls go directly to voicemail. I only know they’ve called once I connect to WIFI and get a VM notification or they text me. 

Its happening all over town and even in my home where I have an airrave. 

This phone is 20 days old. When I initially reported the issue they said it was my phone not the network. So I did an upgrade. 

I have gone to the store where my phone was reset (flashed) and my SIM card was replaced. I’ve checked DND settings, I’ve used ##update and ##clear

the data only works when connected to WiFi. I cannot use my maps, receive emails or go online if I’m not home. 

Kinda useless to have this phone st this point. 

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for the information Denise8175, I'd like to review your coverage area, in order to do so, provide me your nearest cross streets and ZIP code.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint wants you to pay for a Magic Box and use Wifi for calls. I have had the same issues and have done everything to correct it without success. I was told by Sprint that the few trees that are on my street is the reason and to use Wifi calling, however, I get dropped calls and zero network everywhere I go not just in my home. People need cell phone service that actually works without fighting what seems like a battle. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

Sprint Social Care

Hey @cyberdot39, thank you so much for reaching out to us. Please know that the Magic box is provided to you free, there are no extra charges.

As per your network issues, is there any body else having issues? What troubleshooting steps have you done?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

odd..the Magic box is free

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Only works for your home and is not available.

Journeyman

I apologize Denise. Magicbox and Airave are free from Sprint however they only work to improve service at your home or business. They are also limited availability according to your location. 

Journeyman

All of the phones (5) on my plan have the same issue. For instance, today 3 of us with three of the phones took a ride to Troy Ohio and non of us had network service. While there I had a dropped call and poor call connection. The area was wide open. I appreciate the suggestion for the magicbox (not available for my area) and the airave but they only help while i am in my home. Two of the phones are not even at my residence,  so it doesn't help them at all. Sprint also has one town that has zero service and that is Port Jefferson Ohio which is where the one of the phones is located. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry Jeffrey I forgot. To troubleshoot I have done phone reset, profile update, prl update, turned phone on and off, and refresh network. I update prl daily however in hopes of getting some quality of service.
Sprint Social Care

That's weird @cyberdot39. We show good service in Troy and Port Jefferson, Ohio. Did you have those issues while moving? Did you try those steps when arriving there? Please send us the nearest cross streets and ZIP code for a precise review.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.