cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot being capped starting October 2nd. Really?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use my hotspot quote a bit since I live out in the country. I average about 8gb of data a month and now I will have to pay .05 per mb that I go over 5GB? Why are you doing this? Are there going to be hotspot packages for someone like me who uses over 5gb a month so I dont have to pay the .05 per mb overage? Don't you realize your unlimited data is what sets you apart from the rest of the competition.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-4g-data-plans-changing

16 REPLIES
Master

With all of the changes we have posted this month, this is NOT a change we have been notified about.  I will forward this link to management for an official response. 

Thank you,

Tom

Journeyman

If this is a true change and not a rumor I will be beyond angry as a brand new consumer who only signed up a week ago, in part specifically for this feature, at least make it 10Gb. This was one of your last redeeming qualities over the competition. If I had known you were doing this I would have stayed with crappy AT&T.

Journeyman

Jeckster, so why exactly why would you go back to AT&T if they're: a) "crappy", and b) more expensive? 

Journeyman

I said I would have stayed, not go back. In all honesty I don't like that they aren't offering grandfathering if it is true. I was mostly spouting frustration as I a) can't leave due to contract and b) probably wouldn't because even at 5Gb for $30 it is still cheaper than the big 2 companies who care little for anyone but their wallets. I actually have been impressed with Sprint for the week I have been here I just don't like joining then one of th primary reasons for joining is being taken from me potentially.

Journeyman

I hear ya.  How's the Hotspot service?  Are you happy with it?

Journeyman

So far so good, I only picked it up to run a tablet in between times I was near a wifi. I honestly think I will easily fit within the 5Gb if the rumor turns out true and if it makes Sprint's overall network better then I am all for it. I picked up the new Samsung Galaxy S2 phone when I joined by the way (Epic Touch 4G) and I see your SN is iPhone5, be sure and check out the Epic Touch 4G and I am sure you already saw the rumor that Apple has a big announcement coming up Oct2nd or 4th or something, prob for the iPhone 5.

Journeyman

On top of revoking the Premeir status (I was), this just hurts. While it may actually impact a small number of users, it just comes across wrong. It was a nice differentiator for Sprint.

Journeyman

I called Sprint and talked to a Chistine and she said the cap does not/ will not apply to phone hotspots. Will have to wait and see.

Journeyman

I just came back from the local store and was told that yes it did apply to hotspots on phones.  

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.